•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP ON THE RIGHT EXHAUST SETUP

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

HELP ON THE RIGHT EXHAUST SETUP

ok everyone i searched the forums for ages trying to find the RIGHT or the best exhaust setups for my barina.
      a mixture of great sound and great performance gain (however much)

anyone able to help me out

Thanks
      Can't go wrong with a Flowmaster 60 series, I have it on my Aveo and it's just fantastic. Note where I put the exhaust cause it's pretty much the only location with enough room.

You can check my Cardomain for the sound clip.
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

Thanks
      hey that sounds great, just lookin on the net for where i can get the flowmaster 60 to. doesnt seem like i get much ( i live in aussie n i cant get almost nething u guys can)

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Aussie BarinaTK
      hey that sounds great, just lookin on the net for where i can get the flowmaster 60 to. doesnt seem like i get much ( i live in aussie n i cant get almost nething u guys can)
      no no no, u can get anything u want in austrailia, just gotta pay a lil more lol, damn!
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Thanks
      lol a LIL MORE!!! for a flowmaster i found on .... COUebayGH thru american UPS or something $210 postage + $90 for the item!!

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      It's hard to say with sound, but performane wise that won't sound horrible (should sound good) would be some Kinky headers once we finally build them. Then 2" piping from there back, going through a magnaflow hi-flow CAT, and a magnflow muffler. If it doesn't sound good or is too loud you can add a magnaflow resantor to the system and it should be good. Magnaflow CATs usually take away some raspyness. I also found Kinky headers on the 2.0 forenza take away allot of raspyness vesus stock exhaust manifold w/ first CAT delete.

Thanks
      i love magnaflow mufflers, but it all depends on the sound you are going for. i have used flowmaster 40 series mufflers on damn near everything and i love the way they sound. very raspy, but to be honest on the freeway in a car like the aveo, all you would hear is drowning sounds with a 40 series. now the magnaflow muffler it is very deep and smooth, very nice tone, but for the aveo i dont know. mabye i will trow one on and see how it sounds, i allways have mufflers siting around with my old 240sx i had a full catback with a magnaflow and it was not loud enough, then again my old scion xb with a magnaflow sounded perfect. like i said it is all up toi personal taste, try to seach around for sound clips and go from there. hope this helped

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Y2Daniel's car has a 2" Magnaflow Custom Catback consisting of a ported EM collector, a Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cat, 2" Custom Piping back in to a Magnaflow Muffler with an AutoZone Euro Tip.

Sounds pretty good for the car style...
      -- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xtreme 2
      Y2Daniel's car has a 2" Magnaflow Custom Catback consisting of a ported EM collector, a Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cat, 2" Custom Piping back in to a Magnaflow Muffler with an AutoZone Euro Tip.

Sounds pretty good for the car style...

You got 2 things wrong there, it's not catback, it's a full system including the flex pipe, and it's 2.25", not 2

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by shapinoweno
      i have used flowmaster 40 series mufflers on damn near everything and i love the way they sound. very raspy, but to be honest on the freeway in a car like the aveo, all you would hear is drowning sounds with a 40 series.
      That is an example of someone who doesn't exactly "research" before buying a product for their car... The Flowmaster 40 series is the company's STANDARD muffler, it's their entry level muffler, for general use that (almost) anybody can use. 99% of muffler shops have only 40 series and nothing else.

The other 1% either have other stuff in stock, or have a shared storage system with other shops where they can share rarely used parts just in case someone buys it (like my shop did), I ordered the part and got it installed the same day cause it was in state.

The 40 series is NOT FOR EVERYONE! This taken from the Flowmaster website:

Application Recomendations (40 Delta):
      * Late-model Performance Car
      * Reduced Interior Resonance
      * Performance Tone
      * Vehicles with dual exhaust

Application Recommendations (60 Series):
      * HighPerformance Street/Strip applications
      * Small Displacement 4 and 6 Cylinder vehicles
      * Sport Compact

So, whatever you do, DON'T ACCEPT WHAT IS IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE, TAKE THE TIME TO RESEARCH, SHOP AROUND, AND DEBATE.

"If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast