•  
    Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: M32 6 speed Cruze manual transmission fits!!

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Nemasys View Post
      lol, i hope you know what you are getting yourself into buddy, if you think the engine will drop in without any problems you have it coming thats for sure. no one has ever tested this gearbox in their cars, sure it bolts up, but you will need a custom mount and possibly custom axles as well, which in turn you would need to modify your spindles to accept the new axle shafts, alot of work for just the gearbox, the engine isnt mounted yet... you will need the full wiring harness with ecu, custom exhaust work done, the engine mounts might need some work, electronics to make the gauges and everything else work properly...

i've seen your kind come and go over the years, seeing this is your 1st post on this forum and you come out with an outrageous project like that, im waving the bull**** flag on that... plus who in their right mind would drop in a brand new engine and gearbox thats gonna cost you well over 1/2 the price of your car brand new for a mere 30 hp increase?? doesnt make sense!
      I second that! Really just go out and buy a Cruze.

I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      its leaning towards a few swaps to buy next summer. but prices will change be then..

for $2000 i could go with an LSJ swap, or a vw 1.8t with 6 speed.. both are Around 200 hp.. and i believe about the same difficulty.

for $5000-6000 i could go LNF complete swap with a stage on it, for around 300 hp..

for $3000 i could go full custom vxr hybrid, but then be limited in tuning and upgrades. ie standalone.

I am not sure what the m32 and 1.4t will cost, but i am sure it will be close to the price of the lnf swap for another year or two.. same money for half the hp isnt worth it.. but i would look into using the 1.4t parts to turbo my 1.6 and then the m32 swap..

now the big money swaps.. these all would require lots and lots of fab and down time..

complete r32 awd conversion, $8000.
      suzuki sx4 awd and 150 hp.. $5000
      vw tfsi 2.0t and 6 speed.. $4000 (harness integration not yet easily cracked.)

and if it wasnt a daily driver with my kids in it, i would consider just buying another aveo 1.6 and mounting it in the back for a dual engine conversion = awd, @200 hp and potential fuel cut in neutral for decent mpg..

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Just called royal chevy in Coldwater MI, cruze 1.4L engine $2900 but w/o electronics (computer, harnesses, alt) and the 6 speed transmission is $2300, you still have to get an inter-cooler, turbo, piping, and everything that goes with it. The guy at the dealership said that he cannot order the computer and all of the harnesses yet. Sitting done, It is going to be somewhere in the 7 grand region with all gm parts. Then to upgrade pistons rods and head to up the boost by a lot your looking at another 2500. As far as fabrications I have that covered between our garage and lift. I will have to cut the engine bay with a plasma cutter and do some serious fab work. It will probably end up welding a tube style chassis to reinforce the engine bay like the guy from whitfield racing had to do with the cobalt supercharged engine swap. I'll keep ya updated on if I actually start on this project. If I do there is going to be an awesome utube vid of me destroying my 1.6L. I think I'll drain the oil and see how long it runs floored down the highway.

From the guy with a crazy idea,
      Jon

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      The LSJ swap sounds cheapest because there are so many engines out there in wrecked cars that would be really cheap to fab up. Probably around 3 grand for a stock LSJ swap with around 50000 miles on it.

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      and if it wasnt a daily driver with my kids in it, i would consider just buying another aveo 1.6 and mounting it in the back for a dual engine conversion = awd, @200 hp and potential fuel cut in neutral for decent mpg..
      Hell I tried to Google that one for examples and I could not find a single example....Any suggestions. This idea has some real merit to it: AWD and dual engine redundancies.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Hey you are the same guy that I have been e-mailing on youtube. Gotta love your car. Did you ever get those fuel problems sorted out.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      the durocco is most local to me, but a lot of vw guys swap to the rear.. a few do both engines.

type twin engine vw into google, or durocco, or twin vr6..

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Twin engine VW Lupo - Top Speed

this one is fairly well documented..

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Holly hell that thing moves.

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      No kidding it really does move...I found this article to be a nice summary Golf twin-engine That boxy VW Rabbit style evolved into your typical 5 door hatch makes for a nice platform for this type of mod. Now a couple of questions...Would even be possible to drive such on one engine alone? One engine is really sufficient for HWY travel, and then kick the other engine when needed. That means having one transmission in neutral while the other is engaged. Would that really damage a transmission?

Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast