•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hold button randomly coming on

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      before you get rid of it, try replacing the coil pack.

Coil Pack?

JohnB

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by metroII View Post
      Dear Patsy,

Well I got the car back. After almost 2 weeks. . . And it is still doing the same problem, if not worse. The car locked up on me, thankfully I was going into my moms garage at her house. The dealer told me, that the computer has no codes, no errors, nothing. Yet today 6 times the light came on, and steady on, not flashing. I am taking it back tomorrow. But I am decided I do not want to keep the car, even though I am paying for it.

Thank You for your concern, but I would like to speak to someone Live if possible...
      Hey there,

I am truly sorry for this. I would be happy to help if you wish. Please send me at private message with your VIN, current mileage and some contact information so I can provide personal assistance with you. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by metroII View Post
      Coil Pack?
      based on the simple explanation of what you say happened, the lack of codes, and a return to acting normal, a faulty coil pack is very likely.

if the transmission shifts through all the gears and is fine when the problem is not there, then it is most likely not a physical problem in the transmission. There are only a few things that the ECU cannot detect, a misfire is one of them. NO codes points to the coil pack. If the coil pack is faulty one of the things that can happen is it stops sending the rpm signal to the TCM and then the tcm does not know how to operate. Sometime it goes into "Safe" mode, other times it will go in and out of proper operation.

But loss of the signal from the coil pack will definitely turn on the hold light. For a $30 part. It is worth trying before giving up.

Thanks
      [QUOTE=Chevy Customer Svc;184288]Hey there,

I am truly sorry for this. I would be happy to help if you wish. Please send me at private message with your VIN, current mileage and some contact information so I can provide personal assistance with you. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
      Chevrolet Customer Care[/QUOTE

Hi Ms. Patsy

just wanted to know if you might have a status update or any info please?? I have to return to the dealer Cabrera this Saturday morning, so just wanted to know what's going on??

thank you
      JohnB

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks
      Hey there,

I sent a PM your way for more information. Talk to you soon .

Patsy G
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      based on the simple explanation of what you say happened, the lack of codes, and a return to acting normal, a faulty coil pack is very likely.

if the transmission shifts through all the gears and is fine when the problem is not there, then it is most likely not a physical problem in the transmission. There are only a few things that the ECU cannot detect, a misfire is one of them. NO codes points to the coil pack. If the coil pack is faulty one of the things that can happen is it stops sending the rpm signal to the TCM and then the tcm does not know how to operate. Sometime it goes into "Safe" mode, other times it will go in and out of proper operation.

But loss of the signal from the coil pack will definitely turn on the hold light. For a $30 part. It is worth trying before giving up.
      Let's see what the dealer says tomorrow. If anything I will post a update tomorrow while at the dealer. Thanks for all of your help guys!!!! Wish me luck!

JohnB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12