•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hold button randomly coming on

Thanks

Hold button randomly coming on

Hey guys

I ve been looking around but couldn't find anything about the subject. Today on my way to work, the hold turned on for no reason, when i was slowing down on 3 occasions. The third one, was slowing down to stop in a intersection, and it was full of gravel and dirt, so my right tire skidded a bit. So i Took the car in, no codes, no check engine light, nothing... The mechanic used 2 scanners and even went on his computer, nothing! SO i went home. About 4 hours later, turn on the car, waited til it warmed up, and drove off. About 3 mins driving, light came on again. Nothing has fallen on it, nothing landed on it... Has anyone ever had this problem? Any clues to what it could be? What could it be?? Transmission problems? I admit, in 2 occasions i had shifted from reverse to drive, and stepped on the gas, the car made a snorting sound, and the second time, turned off on me.

thanks, hope everyone on the east coast is not wet or flooded in

JohnB

Casual Roadtripper RicochetRandy's Avatar
      Thanks
      From 2005 owners manual, applies up to 2008 at least:
      "Notice: Spinning the tires or holding the vehicle in one place while on a hill using only the accelerator may damage the transaxle. If you are stuck, do not spin the tires. When stopping on a hill, use the brakes to hold the vehicle in place.

If there is a malfunction with the automatic transaxle, the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL), or the HOLD indicator light will turn on or flash. Have your vehicle fixed as soon as possible.

My owners manual thinks this is pretty serious! Have you ever changed the trans fluid? How long ago did you do your Tokyo-Drift-reverse-to-drive stunts?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by RicochetRandy View Post
      From 2005 owners manual, applies up to 2008 at least:
      "Notice: Spinning the tires or holding the vehicle in one place while on a hill using only the accelerator may damage the transaxle. If you are stuck, do not spin the tires. When stopping on a hill, use the brakes to hold the vehicle in place.

If there is a malfunction with the automatic transaxle, the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL), or the HOLD indicator light will turn on or flash. Have your vehicle fixed as soon as possible.

My owners manual thinks this is pretty serious! Have you ever changed the trans fluid? How long ago did you do your Tokyo-Drift-reverse-to-drive stunts?

About a month ago I did that but it was backing out of my driveway. Slow as hell. I didnt spin the tire, it skidded. I took the car today over 200 miles round trip and nothing happened to it,
      JohnB

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by metroII View Post
      Hey guys

I ve been looking around but couldn't find anything about the subject. Today on my way to work, the hold turned on for no reason, when i was slowing down on 3 occasions. The third one, was slowing down to stop in a intersection, and it was full of gravel and dirt, so my right tire skidded a bit. So i Took the car in, no codes, no check engine light, nothing... The mechanic used 2 scanners and even went on his computer, nothing! SO i went home. About 4 hours later, turn on the car, waited til it warmed up, and drove off. About 3 mins driving, light came on again. Nothing has fallen on it, nothing landed on it... Has anyone ever had this problem? Any clues to what it could be? What could it be?? Transmission problems? I admit, in 2 occasions i had shifted from reverse to drive, and stepped on the gas, the car made a snorting sound, and the second time, turned off on me.

thanks, hope everyone on the east coast is not wet or flooded in

UPDATE---

Had to take car into dealer. They should be calling me tomorrow. No clue as to what it could be. Possibly switching cars soon...
      JohnB

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Do keep us updated but I suspect they are going to find transmission codes given what you have described.

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      what is the "hold" light? I've never heard of it.

Casual Roadtripper RicochetRandy's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by camopaint0707 View Post
      what is the "hold" light? I've never heard of it.
      Hold Light when flashing indicates a transmission issue.

Hold mode itself is for automatic trans Aveos, but I believe it appears on other cars. It basically makes the transmission behave like a three speed manual, which is good for city driving.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by metroII View Post
      UPDATE---

Had to take car into dealer. They should be calling me tomorrow. No clue as to what it could be. Possibly switching cars soon...
      Hello MetroII,

Any update with the dealership? Let me know if you need any further assistance with your concern, or if you have any feedback. Thanks!

Patsy G
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Chevy Customer Svc View Post
      Hello MetroII,

Any update with the dealership? Let me know if you need any further assistance with your concern, or if you have any feedback. Thanks!

Patsy G
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Dear Patsy,

Well I got the car back. After almost 2 weeks. . . And it is still doing the same problem, if not worse. The car locked up on me, thankfully I was going into my moms garage at her house. The dealer told me, that the computer has no codes, no errors, nothing. Yet today 6 times the light came on, and steady on, not flashing. I am taking it back tomorrow. But I am decided I do not want to keep the car, even though I am paying for it.

Thank You for your concern, but I would like to speak to someone Live if possible...
      JohnB

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      before you get rid of it, try replacing the coil pack.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast