•  
    Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Camo's super small turbo build

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      Thats good advice. One of the reasons I am such a VW fan still is the stock ecus can be modified for almost any mods, and stay/modify the obd2 compliance. The whole piggyback, trick tuning is why I haven't dived into a big mod in my aveo. It just seems like such a compromise that should have been left in the 90s at this point. I've used piggybacks and stand alone in the past, but the emissions I have to pass makes it impossible to get what I want/need.

For the OP. I would definitely try the trifecta route. I would probably start with looking for a "Stock" tune that would be close to your set up. Vauxhall has turboed 1.6 liters, so you find one with the same set of sensors you have and that would be a possible base tune to modify from. Although that again is my VW background talking where that stuff is all available.

I am sure any good tuner could build you a tune from scratch as well.
      I have tried to look at the trifecta route already. Get that notion out of your head. TRIFECTA WILL NOT WORK

Thanks
      still curious about my question on the injectors though.

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks
      You will need to use larger injectors, and you will need to tune. A piggyback on top of the stock ecu is the way to go I believe. I don't know if you can still find the thread where exist3nce turbo'd his Optra on the Daewootech Forums. You would have to go trough a very, very similar process.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by ontarian_frog View Post
      You will need to use larger injectors, and you will need to tune. A piggyback on top of the stock ecu is the way to go I believe. I don't know if you can still find the thread where exist3nce turbo'd his Optra on the Daewootech Forums. You would have to go trough a very, very similar process.
      I'm just asking if I can put the new injectors in now, without a tune. Or the pump. Or both.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by ontarian_frog View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by camopaint0707 View Post
      I'm just asking if I can put the new injectors in now, without a tune. Or the pump. Or both.

I can certainly help with that lol ...

DaewootechForum.com • View topic - Turbo Optra - Now on tuned Haltech @ 225whp

As for the question, yes you can install the fuel pump. The regulator will take care of the extra flow maintaining the pressure around the typical ~45psi at the injectors. The car won't know the difference.

For the injectors themselves... that depends. What size are the stock ones? What size are these "3.4" ones? If there is a relatively small difference you can install them and get away with it. The larger the difference between them, the harder it will be for the stock ECU to cope and make the engine run normally. Also, you may get a CEL code along the lines of "system too rich" because the ECU will have to continually trim back the injector duty cycle to maintain the AFR's it wants to see from the O2 sensors. I say may because it depends on how much it has to trim... referring to long term and short term fuel trims in the OBD2 system. Without the turbo on, there is really no reason to install the larger injectors on the stock ECU.
      2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - CCHT P&P - F28 6spd - KW V3 - FX35 Retrofit
      2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by exist3nce View Post
      I can certainly help with that lol ...

DaewootechForum.com • View topic - Turbo Optra - Now on tuned Haltech @ 225whp

As for the question, yes you can install the fuel pump. The regulator will take care of the extra flow maintaining the pressure around the typical ~45psi at the injectors. The car won't know the difference.

For the injectors themselves... that depends. What size are the stock ones? What size are these "3.4" ones? If there is a relatively small difference you can install them and get away with it. The larger the difference between them, the harder it will be for the stock ECU to cope and make the engine run normally. Also, you may get a CEL code along the lines of "system too rich" because the ECU will have to continually trim back the injector duty cycle to maintain the AFR's it wants to see from the O2 sensors. I say may because it depends on how much it has to trim... referring to long term and short term fuel trims in the OBD2 system. Without the turbo on, there is really no reason to install the larger injectors on the stock ECU.
      I'm honestly not sure about the lb of the these. I actually had sold a lot of the parts I had and lost my notes so I'm basically starting from scratch now. I was told to use 3.4 v6 injectors from any GM car cause physically they will fit and the clips will fit as well. And I could wait, I just wanted to get a jump on things. What other fuel modifications need to be made? And do you know exactly what pump I should get?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by camopaint0707 View Post
      I'm honestly not sure about the lb of the these. I actually had sold a lot of the parts I had and lost my notes so I'm basically starting from scratch now. I was told to use 3.4 v6 injectors from any GM car cause physically they will fit and the clips will fit as well. And I could wait, I just wanted to get a jump on things. What other fuel modifications need to be made? And do you know exactly what pump I should get?

You sold alot of your parts? Seems counter productive..

Well funny as it sounds, your stock fuel system (pump/lines) may be just fine for a low power setup. I really have no idea how the fuel pump assembly looks on the Aveo, but on the Optra the stock pump was good for ~230whp. You can even try seeing how far the stock injectors will get you too... my Optra came with 200cc injectors which maxed out around ~160whp.

If I were you I'd concentrate more on the other parts of the setup first to just "Get it running". Stock injectors will the be the absolute easiest to idle, and tune with to get you started. Even if you can't get the power you want initially, at least you can get the overall system running and upgrade the injectors after.
      2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - CCHT P&P - F28 6spd - KW V3 - FX35 Retrofit
      2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit

Thanks
      The build got sidetracked, G8 took priority. yeah, and I guess the injectors wouldn't be taxed at idle, just at max power. I'm running a gt1544 turbo, really small turbo. And 160whp is about what I want to make. This isn't a build for power, just a build so I can put a turbo badge on the back of the car. I sent you a PM bytw.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789