•  
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Build?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      ill be happy to just get around 140 whp and around 150 ft/lbs of torque. it would make a nice little monster. anything else after that would imo be in need of a swap...back to the eco swap thread...

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AveoSSSupercharged
      Quote Originally Posted by fabricatorx
      We're in development of a Forenza turbo kit for Kinky Racing...
      is the tuning fairly easy to work with...with my build i would be doing a custom tune for it.
      It'd probably not be a full kit. Most likely it'd include turbo mani (a pretty nice one too), intercooler piping, downpipe, and then have option things like the turbo, BOV, and wastegate. I should probably throw in injectors and a piggy back too as optional cause you need injectors unless you're boosting really really low. Since there are only a handfull of people intrested in going turbo with the 2.0 it's not worth building a full kit, especially since most of them have different goals in mind from 175whp-300whp.

Also I don't know how the intercooler part of it and the downpipe would go with a 2.0 swap in an aveo. I'm trying to pick up a lanos and eventually putting my spare 2.0 in it after my turbo engines built but I'm sure the front end body panels/bumper and such are much different.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      One other thing; I haven't really looked into it at all, but I was under the impression the 2.0 swap into the lanos at least wasn't that big of a deal. You should go with the D20 tranny while your at it, but I think you should go with it if you stick with your 1.6 even. I highly doubt the D16 tranny will hold 190whp, we had a forenza member go through a D20 at 230whp (much more tq, can't remember though) fairly fast, and he's already going through another D20 with 200whp.

How'd you plan on getting a s/c anyways? I know very little about them, but it sounds like it'd be easier to go turbo, esp. if your later goal is up in the 300whp range.

My turbo 2.0 goal is 300whp, my upgraded internals should be able to handle it fine if the tq isn't much higher, and I got an F28 tranny that'll hold it well too. In a drag racing situation it probably would be pushing things a bit though. I'm going to see if I can manage a separate tune for the street at 200whp with only 87octane fuel.

and one other thing I should add, please upgrade the brakes. I can build BBK for anything from wilwood. Since I don't own aveo it'd be a bit costly though, but if I get my lanos in time and the front brakes are setup the same it'll be a pretty good price. For the forenza I sell kits from 11"-13, and/or drilled/slotted, street thickness or race, 4pistons or 6, street calipers or race, and all except the smallest 11" disc are two piece and anything under 12.2" saves weight over the stock brakes and the prices are from $750-$1,500

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      ok cool.
      there are a few places out there that have supercharger kits...none of the piping or cooling mods but i would probably go with a medium sized centrifigural s/c and have some sort of cooling mod hooked up too it....possibly a fmic. i might also try meth injection when all is said and done.

the turbo you would be able to get more power out of. the s/c i would guess you could get the aveo to about 150-165whp tops....unless of coarse you upgraded internals and everything and then custom hooked up a twin screw or eaton supercharger.

CarDomain
      For mods visit my CarDomain.

Thanks
      Just spray it. It is way cheaper and wont need all the custom work of a super/turbo charger setup. Why spend $3k+ for the same power you can get out of a $400 nitrous kit?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by aveodude
      Just spray it. It is way cheaper and wont need all the custom work of a super/turbo charger setup. Why spend $3k+ for the same power you can get out of a $400 nitrous kit?
      because nitrous takes away the overall life of your motor.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      because nitrous takes away the overall life of your motor.
      Plus nitrous kits are becoming illegal to have installed on a street car in more and more places. And you have to refill the bottles too. Most 10lbs bottles cost $40 to refill ($4/lbs), while have a turbo or s/c may cost more to start with, it'll actually end up saving you money that you would have otherwise spent on the juice. But then again you can easily just not use the spray if you want to run lower octane for awhile while with F/I you have to use premium all the time

Thanks
      also you need a better a fuel system so you dont lean out as well.

Thanks
      Nitrous does not take away from the life of your motor. You just need it tuned right. That is one of the biggest mis-conceptions with nitrous.
      You know you would have to fill the bottle over 70 times to make it add up to the cost of a turbo kit. And since you dont spray all the time, it will last a while. I have a 10llb bottle in my SRT-4 and it has lasted 10-12 races so far and it is still over half full
      You do not need to upgrade the fuel system either. If you run a wet kit, it will inject fuel along with the nitrous so you a/f ratio will not change

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Nitrous does not take away from the life of your motor. You just need it tuned right. That is one of the biggest mis-conceptions with nitrous.
      You know you would have to fill the bottle over 70 times to make it add up to the cost of a turbo kit. And since you dont spray all the time, it will last a while. I have a 10llb bottle in my SRT-4 and it has lasted 10-12 races so far and it is still over half full
      You do not need to upgrade the fuel system either. If you run a wet kit, it will inject fuel along with the nitrous so you a/f ratio will not change
      It'a not really goodbye to your motor, but goodbye to your drivetrain. Sometimes you will have to change your fuel system if the stock system will not move enough fuel

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast