•  
    Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 04-09 engine interchange (thermostat housing cracked - engine overheated)

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      yes make sure you are using thehotrodguy's exact words when talking to the dealership.

its not a motor swap relearn, its for the crank position sensor only.. it could need done even without swapping the motor..

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      ok. they did it and called me today and said the engine light is still on but not flashing now. They said it needs a new up stream 02 sensor which i just replaced littereally 3 weeks ago?! could that have gone bad already or should i make them do something else? im not paying them 245 dollars to replace the sensor i did for 70. i hate dealerships

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      If there is an unresolved misfire it could have washed the sensor. If you put a universal sensor on it might be out of parameters, but you have 2 codes outside the p0300. That were misfires?

I can tell you already I don't like a dealer who calls saying the light is still on. That suggests they don't know how to fix it, especially when they complete an "unauthorized" repair to keep the light on.

Thanks
      I just tried calling the service manager of course he's not in. I want to tell him to make sure that procedure was done as requested. The woman service writer insisted it was the same thing engine reflashing and crankshaft relearn. Ah. I'm not going to pick it up until he says that was done. U think the o2 parameters should have been reset with the flashing? I brought those instructions in for the ckp procedure and she was .like we don't Need those. I'm assuming the tech just did what he thought. She prolly through the steps out..

Thanks
      i also asked to talk the tech and he happened to be out too. I got joopedthe last time I had it at another dealer for the same issue..they ended up taking out the injectors and testing them..then asked to do a head removal to test valves for another 400. When in all this procedure that I requested be done they go ahead and do their own thing. I feel like a pricked but I'm treading water here with this dealership too.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Well, the crank position relearn on effects the crank position sensor. NOTHING else. I would need to read up on exactly what it does, but it seems to me the computer would send out its proper reference signal and adjust to what the sensor sends back.. To learn the sensors variation..

Seems like a way for gm to cheap out on manufacturing of sensors. (probably why when you buy a vw sensor its 2-3x the cost. but that cost is made up in paying for a relearn)..

I dont know what to tell you about the dealership. I hate hearing about the run around, unless you called at lunch time then i would expect them not to be there. But they should be there if you call back a little later. But if you knew your codes, i cant see a justifiable reason for the o2 unless you dont drive a lot and the o2 was still logged in the code history. Which in 3 weeks it shouldn't have been unless you haven't driven through enough cycles.

But ti comes down to them not fixing the light anyhow.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Sooo, bottom line it for me... is the 2006 engine a drop in for the 2004? How about a newer than 2006 engine?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      2004-2008 can/has worked, by switching some external pieces and keeping others.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      $125?!?!?! it takes about 3 minutes to do. 10 if the coolant is cold.

Thanks
      Hi, I'm new to the forum. I'm having the exact same problem and went thru the same steps. I would appreciate some help. was your problem finally solved? what was the cause? thank you.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast