•  
    Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 04-09 engine interchange (thermostat housing cracked - engine overheated)

Thanks
      I was able to fix my P0300 that was from the engine swap with a crankshaft relearn procedure done at the dealer.

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Fix for P300:

DTC code P0300 this is multi misfire error, there are a lot of reasons why one might get this DTC. I know the reason why I am getting the DTC listed below are some of the reason you might get this DTC my reason is obvious (engine replacement)

Reasons for DTC P0300

1) An engine replacement
      2) An ECM replacement
      3) A harmonic balancer replacement
      4) A crankshaft replacement
      5) A CKP sensor replacement

Unfortunately the only way to clear this up is to run the CKP System Variation Learn Procedure which requires a bidirectional Scan tool or a trip to the dealer.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      The dealer I took it to didn't seem to offer or know anything about this procedure. I live near dc.does anyone know which dealer around here would be the best at this? How much should it cost? If I continue to drive would u see any damage or issues?

Thanks
      It cost me $125. Driving won't damage it, but it doesn't drive as well with the code present since it never goes into closed loop mode. You'll also not be able to pass emissions testing with the light on.

The procedure its right out of the manual. Perhaps you were talking with the wrong person. They should be able to deal with it.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      eh a lot of chevy dealerships look at the aveo like its a hyundai.. its "outside" their mechanics ability.. i've run into it already.

the big thing here (if this is the same one not going back a page) if you have two misfire codes as well you might have a different issue instead or including this one..

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Here are the instructions to run the "CKP SYSTEM VARIATION LEARN PROCEDURE" this information came from AllData.

CKP SYSTEM VARIATION LEARN PROCEDURE

IMPORTANT: If the crankshaft position variation learn procedure has not learned, a false misfire could be detected and DTC P0300 may set. If sent here from DTC P0300, proceed with the crankshaft position variation learn procedure.

1. Monitor the engine control module (ECM) for DTCs with a scan tool. If other DTCs are set, except DTC P0300, or P0315, refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle for the applicable DTC.
      2. Select the crankshaft position variation learn procedure with a scan tool.
      3. The scan tool instructs you to perform the following:

1. Accelerate to wide open throttle (WOT).
      2. Release throttle when fuel cut-off occurs.
      3. Observe fuel cut-off for applicable engine.
      4. Engine should not accelerate beyond calibrated RPM value.
      5. Release throttle immediately if value is exceeded.
      6. Block drive wheels.
      7. Set parking brake.
      8. DO NOT apply brake pedal.
      9. Cycle ignition from OFF to ON.
      10. Apply and hold brake pedal.
      11. Start and idle engine.
      12. Turn A/C OFF.Vehicle must remain in Park or Neutral.The scan tool monitors certain component signals to determine if all the conditions are met to continue with the procedure. The scan tool only displays the condition that inhibits the procedure. The scan tool monitors the following components:

• Crankshaft position (CKP) sensors activity-If there is a CKP sensor condition, refer to the applicable DTC.
        • Camshaft position (CMP) signal activity-If there is a CMP signal condition, refer to the applicable DTC.
        • Engine coolant temperature (ECT)-If the engine coolant temperature is not warm enough, idle the engine until the engine coolant temperature reaches the correct temperature.

1. Enable the CKP system variation learn procedure with the scan tool and perform the following:

• Accelerate to WOT.

IMPORTANT: While the CKP variation learn procedure is in progress, hold the throttle at WOT for 5 fuel-cutoffs. The learn procedure must determine there has been 5 fuel-cutoffs to properly perform the test.

• Hold throttle while fuel cut-off occurs.

The scan tool displays Learn Status: Learned this ignition. If the scan tool indicates that DTC P0315 ran and passed, the CKP variation learn procedure is complete.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      gm likes including ac in all their scan techniques don't they?

the more i see these procedures the more i like vagcom.. set the values and go.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Ok sounds great. I called a different dealer and spoke with the service advisor. she wasn't familiar with motor swap relearn. she went and talked to a tech I'm assuming and yeah we can do that its a flash of the computer its 124.99 . so I made appt for tomorrow morning. should I print this out and bring it to them? Or do the get insulted when customers seem to know more about them? This should fix the problem! I'm excited. thanks

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks
      They have access to that information.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Just a FYI this is not a re-flash of the computer, this is a re-learn procedure.

Regards,

THEHOTRODGUY

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast