•  
    Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Very Nice Cheap H.I.D.'s

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Very Nice Cheap H.I.D.'s

Quote Originally Posted by manorness7

Before you start ranting, how about you check into HID lights then tell me they all produce a scattered beam. It depends on the type of kit you buy if they will produce this scattered beam you speak of. My kit does not produce a scattered beam and in fact I have never and I repeat NEVER been flashed because of my lights, I have also driven by and with cops without any issues. I even kept one halogen bulb in the housing to see if the HIDs produced a different light pattern and it was the same consistant beam all the way through.

So I would have to say that it does in fact depend on the kit you buy. My kit came with reflectors, and it was the slim design.
      Does your breath stink when you talk out your butt?

The biggest problem is glare and blinding oncoming traffic, the reflector is designed for use with Halogen and not Xenon and you end up with a lot of scatter as the diagram below demonstrates. You could have a light source that measures 10,000 lumens but it would be useless because of poor reflector design, to utilise Xenon correctly you need to use a projector lense hence why every car on the market with an OEM Xenon / Bi-Xenon option uses projectors.

With much of the light being scattered the performance of Xenon’s is generally nowhere as good as that of Halogens, the improvement that is seen is a lot more light in front of the car but a lot less in the distance on the road where you need it. Daniel Stern sums this up well “It’s tricky to judge headlamp beam performance without a lot of knowledge, a lot of training and a lot of special equipment, because subjective perceptions are very misleading. Having a lot of strong light in the foreground, that is on the road close to the car and out to the sides, is very comforting and reliably produces a strong impression of “good headlights”. The problem is that not only is foreground lighting of decidedly secondary importance when travelling much above 30 mph, but having a very strong pool of light close to the car causes your pupils to close down, worsening your distance vision…all the while giving you this false sense of security. This is to say nothing of the massive amounts of glare to other road users and backdazzle to you, the driver, that results from these “retrofits”.”

Thanks

More info for moron7

The colour of the globe (known as the kelvin) is often marketed as the bluer the better by the sellers of the kits, nothing could be further from the truth as the following shows.

Here are some light outputs of some common Xenons and a standard halogen for comparison purposes.

4300k D2S Philips = 3200 lumens
      4300k D2R Philips = 2800 lumens
      4800k D4S/R Osram = 3800 lumens – Best performing globe on market
      5800k D4S/R Osram = 3300 lumens
      7000k D2S Chinese = 1790 lumens
      7000k D2R Chinese = 1390 lumens
      8000k D2S Chinese = 1180 lumens
      8000k D2R Chinese = 780 lumens

Standard OEM halogen 55W H7 = 1500 lumens

Just because this hid conversion appears to put out more light doesn’t mean that it does, the scatter makes you think there is more light and you loose depth perception and night vision the higher the colour temperature of the globe.

Under 4500K you get more yellow, between 4500K and 6500K you get more white and over 6500K you get more blue.

No OEM globe is 8000K and generally OEM is 4300K to 4800K because this gives out the most light. And there are no 10000+K globes either, these are globes that are ~8000K with a coating over the globe that further reduces the light output.

Thanks

/end rant

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

holy hell.

Thanks

Wow... I'll file that huge post in my "I couldn't fu*king care less" pile. Who cares if they are or aren't illegal, if you want them on your car, put them on. If you don't, then keep your halogens and stop ranting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 07_aveo
      Wow... I'll file that huge post in my "I couldn't fu*king care less" pile. Who cares if they are or aren't illegal, if you want them on your car, put them on. If you don't, then keep your halogens and stop ranting.
      Another class act. They are illegal for a reason. It's not all about you, other drivers are blinded by these lights. I posted to that effect and was challenged by a punk ass wanna be. I backed up my post with factual information. Sorry it was too much for your brain to process, or maybe you just don't want to believe that kit was a waste of money. I was told I was ranting, hence the response. I love how you tough internet bullies so flagrantly break laws as if they are meaningless, I would love to see your whining ass when you have to pay a fine, or better yet cause an accident, get sued and your insurance company refuses to pay because you had illegal headlights that caused the accident! Tell your story then, maybe someone will dig up this internet post as evidence and say you knew and still did it!!

Grow up!

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Most entertaining post I seen on here in ages lol

As I figured the goody two shoes are against em and the who gives a fawks well... They could give a fawk

Same arguement over tint laws, underglows exhaust etc etc

And I have owned them all at some point or another. No issues

I think NWA said it best Fawk da police
      2009 Aveo5 highway yellow mods to come!
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3163083
      my other rides
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/flaveo5

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Jeez! Ok dudley-do-right if you don't like it don't post in the HID thread anymore. I'm sure as hell not changing my lights, so fv(k if you dont like it aveoRob. Nobody cares.
      Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman AK907
      Jeez! Ok dudley-do-right if you don't like it don't post in the HID thread anymore. I'm sure as hell not changing my lights, so fv(k if you dont like it aveoRob. Nobody cares.
      +1

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast