Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Very Nice Cheap H.I.D.'s

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Very Nice Cheap H.I.D.'s

Quote Originally Posted by Nemasys
      This thread got outta wack pretty bad lol

Id like to input my opinions on these hid's as i have bought a set for myself, the color is 6000k which emits purer whiter light then the oem ones with a slight tint of blue. Im using them in the projectors i bought off ebay tho, the projectors werent designed for hid's as there is a little sticker on them saying so.

After i examined the projector assembly to see if it could hold the heat these lights make, its all made of aluminum so it wont melt like cheap plastic. I had to modify them for the bulbs to fit, the holes where you insert the h1 bulbs was too small to accept the size of the hid bulbs so i had to make them bigger, ez enough with a rotary tool.

After the install and a few adjustments i gotta say wow im very impressed, its even better then i thought it would be, the light is at least twice as powerfull as my silverstars i had before in my stock assembly, there is also a nice flat light cutoff from the projectors, i dont blind anyone and when following someone the light cutoff is right on the middle of their rear bumper (for a normal car, not a truck)

Everything seems to be holding together, no melting of anything and ive had them for almost 3 weeks now.

Would def buy this kit again.
      Your HIDs produce a lot of heat? Thats weird mine run cooler than the halogen bulbs did.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manorness7
      Your HIDs produce a lot of heat? Thats weird mine run cooler than the halogen bulbs did.
      Mine too, they're supposed to be designed to run cooler. You must got some made in china ones.
      Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

Still love my daily driver Nemasys's Avatar
      Thanks

I can feel the heat they give off just by putting my hand on the outside of the headlight, its hotter then my halogens, maybe cause its a smaller area inside the projector housing
      > 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
      - Fully built, GT35R, 500+ whp

> 2004 Hatchback 2.0L Turbocharged [RETIRED]
      - T3/T4 T04E .60 A/R Compressor
      - HKS SSQV, OBX Wastegate
      - FMIC with 2.5" piping
      - Tuned with Megasquirt II v3.57

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

That must be it because I have my set in stock housings, and they are always cool. They use less power so they really shouldn't be warmer in anyway than your halogens...hmmm...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789