•  
    Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Highest Mileage Aveo (how many miles / km on yours now?)

Simple & Clean :) AndrewButler05's Avatar
      Thanks
      Ok, I am now speechless. Someone needs to contact GM, Chevy, & Daewoo and watch their jaws hit the floor. That's beyond impressive. I honestly don't know how many people have broken the 1/2 a million mile mark in a car, but I'm gad the Aveo is now in that club.

I hope it makes it past 600k so you can double the 300k "tested" limit that GM stated it would go before it would "fly apart".

Best of luck to you, and everyone else on this thread.

Last edited by AndrewButler05; 09-04-2015 at 03:14 PM.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      yes but don t expect to reach that without putting a penny on it everything have a cost i could easily broke that mark but im working on it and im also thinking of Luw swap on my 04 or a 1.4 t (sorry for my english )

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by iblueservice View Post
      .... so far timming belt plus water pump idler pulley and tensionner once a year shock once a year tab twice a year valve cover gasket once a year alternator every 2 year rack and pinion every 2 year powersteering pump every two year rear wheel bearing changed once brake every 2 year
      OK, if I am understanding everything you posted, it's an '04 that does somewhere around 33K miles per year. If that's correct, I'm not understanding the maintenance you listed above. Is this stuff (outside of the timing belt) breaking, or is it just that you always do proactive part replacement? Not being critical, just curious about what you wrote.

Thanks
      first i had it since 5 year now got it at 84k and yes so far i have done pro active repair on it (didn t wait till it break to fix) and im rarely wrong when i fix them they are usely starting to fail and wait... i just forgot the god da..m intake air cleaner hose^^
      Last edited by iblueservice; 09-04-2015 at 11:18 PM.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      first i had it since 5 year now got it at 84k and yes so far i have done pro active repair on it
      So the mileage you put on is higher, more like 50K per year. Don't often see that much proactive maintenance these days, but hey whatever works for you!

Thanks
      small correction 549k ^^ here is the pic
      That's amazing!

Thanks
      I'm at 156,000 miles. Have had no trouble yet. I don't see the end nearing anytime soon. I'm shooting for 3,000,000 miles. Like that dude with the 66 Volvo P1800. It's almost always cheaper to repair than to buy new.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      145k and suspension bearings/bushings holding up so far...

Thanks
      I'm a long time lurker of the forum, thought I'd finally post. My '07 hatchback just hit 203k miles the other day.
      I've had a slew of maintenance done on it, most recently a new water pump/ timing belt. If I remember, this is my fourth timing belt (only replaced because the water pump went out, and I figured why not). The rear bushings went out around 50k miles, covered under warranty. Everything else has been pretty minimal, head gasket dried out, oil pan cracked, the lock on my driver's side door keeps falling out. I'm on my fifth or sixth set of tires, the alignment always seems to be off, and my tire guys tell me that the extreme temperature differences (desert summers, Midwest winters) I put my car through is rough on them.
      Everyone keeps telling me I'm driving my car on borrowed time, it's good to see so many other high mileage Aveos out there!

Thanks
      My '05 hatchback has been awesome. I'd like to think 390,000mi = 627,000km is as much as an Aveo has ever gotten, but I know I'm wrong. Back in April of 2014 gone.ge posted 428k miles on this thread. He must be over half a million by now.

I had the ubiquitous exploding thermostat housing. I also had to put a helicoil in at about 37,000 miles (the dealer wouldn't budge an inch on the warranty), and another I did in the parking lot of a parts store in KY on the way home from vacation while my now-wife and friends drank beers that they hid in a Triscuit box. I had a CPS go bad and the car wouldn't start, but if you count the second helicoil event, I've only ever been stranded twice.

I change the timing belt every 100,000 miles, with the water pump and pulleys. That's the interval I remembered from my Owner's Manual, but after reading this thread it seems I'm way off. The first time I had my mechanic do just the belt ($280 with parts, what a deal!!!), but the other times I've done it myself. I'll be doing that again once it warms up in the springtime, in the hopes that I crack half a million miles, and I'm excited to have a full replacement cover from a pick-and-pull so I don't have to superglue the original back together again.

Quote Originally Posted by envelopez View Post
      Maybe a new thread could be started for bizarre problems? I haven't had the warm key thing, but the clock burnt-up on me. Couple years later my horn went off while parked and would not stop. I replaced the horn relay ($9.00) and the horn was fine for one week to the day then it went off again - so I pulled the horn fuse. Lately my dome light does not work though the bulb is fine: goofy stuff.
      Yeah, these things happened to me, too. The clock comes and goes, actually. It works in the winter until the car gets too warm. The horn came on part way home on the highway, and I actually thought it was a bad wheel bearing until I hit the exit ramp. By then the horn was full on, and I didn't want the car to die, so I just pulled the fuse and haven't bothered since.

It's been a great car, and I beat the snot out of it. I'm militant about scheduled maintenance, but I don't do the body work. Honestly, I didn't think it would last long enough to matter. Now I'm starting to think the body is going to fall apart before the mechanicals. Guess I know better for next time.

Matt

11. The Following User Says Thank You to meiermat For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-08-2015)

Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast