•  

Thread: Found out the high water limit in my aveo

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Found out the high water limit in my aveo

The Friday before Christmas I ended up driving through some flash flooding. Luckily before I severely damaged my car I stopped the engine and ended up pushing the car out of knee deep water. Flooded the interior and engine. Took the spark plugs out and cranked the water out the top and drained the oil which was full of water. In the end the aveo survived but never thought id be one of those idiots you see in obviously deep water. I felt much better thou when a brand wrx sti, who saw me pushing my car out, tried to go thru and got stuck and left the car there.

Thanks
      The air intake sound muffler baffle is way down low in the front passenger side fender. I took mine off about a year ago and now it's open from the hole on the bottom of the airbox into the empty fender. That raised the intake point a bit. Never measured but it's about the top of the tire... My wife had to bring me parts once this summer so I can repair and drive my truck off the mountain and she had water sloshin all over the inside from a few different long water crossings. Chains are awesome! Just wish Aveo's had a lower 1st gear... It also has a lot more of a throaty sound to it. She noticed the way it grunted up to speed the very next morning and loves the way it sounds.

Good to hear it fired back up. It's also a good idea to change the tranny fluid. Water may have leaked in from the tranny vent. Dont forget to drain the spare tire area. I've had that full of water a few times.