•  

Thread: First road trip impressions; '06 Aveo5

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Thumbs up First road trip impressions; '06 Aveo5

Took a small road trip to help my mom out with some stuff around her house. 207 miles door to door one way.

Going to her house I got 31 MPG with highway speed averaging 75 to 80 mph. Not too bad.

Found out my tires were way under-inflated from whoever did the dealerships wrench work on the car. I would say 20 PSI is a bit low...... Set them to 38 and all is good there now.

Coming home I only got 27 MPG at a 70 MPH average. The reason this was so low is I was pushing a 30 MPH headwind. The little car handled the wind just fine. It even holds firm in 5th gear going up some hills the Metro I had years ago would end up in 3rd on.

Going to her house and part way back I was getting annoyed at the slight vibration from the tires. i was figuring out of balance. Stopped at a rest area to get rid of some used diet Mt. Dew I had drank and noticed the cheap plastic hub caps someone had put on before I got the car were very loose. Jerked em off and tossed em in the trunk. No more vibration.

I actually think the steel wheels look pretty decent. Going to have to check into getting them bead blasted and then either powder coated or painted semigloss black or gunmetal gray.

I was very happy with the on road power. Granted, it is no Bugatti, but it is did cost me less than the replacement tires on a Veyron.....

I did not get any decent pictures as I left my good camera at home. This gives you an example of some of the "great" scenery on the way from her house to mine. roflName:  02-13-11_1128.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  45.0 KBName:  02-13-11_1126.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  42.7 KB

And one oops of my dash
      Name:  02-13-11_1127.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  43.4 KB

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      whoa scenic route! glad your trip went well... ive gone all over ny with my aveo and over to MI and back.. love the little bugger..DVD player in the dash adds a lot for trips