•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Road Racing in Little Cars

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Road Racing in Little Cars

I know these are not Aveos, but who knows, maybe I'll see about joining these ranks of road racing fits, yaris's, and Versas. I need to run a few more tracks in the Aveo to see how I compare time wise. So far I only have a time at Willow Springs of 1.51 which for a 100hp Aveo is not too bad. Unfortunately if I did run it in Time Trials, I would have to run TTF which happens to be the same class as my Mazdaspeed Protege. Difference is the MSP will get up to 130 on CA Speedway and 120 at Willow Springs, but the Aveo could only get up to 95 at willow. With boost, I would have a chance, but that takes away the whole economy aspect of running an Aveo in the first place.

http://www.turn3creative.com/versa.html

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/feat ... fit_spoon/

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      That Versa still fugly but I like the fit. I just can't see an Aveo keeping up with the tuning scene like the fit or keeping up with it at the track.
      I've yet to see a REAL boosted Aveo that works, to me its a myth, but if it was done and would hold together we might be able to keep up with them, but then wouldn't we be in a different class if our cars were boosted?.

But who am I to say, give it a try and see what happens.
      06' Aveo
      07' Liberty
      1973 VW Bug. Full resto. summer toy.

Thanks
      I personally like the Versa. I am not aware of any Versa's or Fit's running in NASA's Time Trial series though I will know for sure in Feb. I believe they are running in some special tuner series which is basically for big dollar tuning companies.

That Versa by the way is not boosted.

As for what class the Aveo is in, well right now it's in TTG but with boost it would most likely end up in TTF which is where my MazdaSpeed Protege currently is.

If I could get any form of financial assistance, I would love to campaign a boosted Aveo and could probably do quite well with just a few basic mods. 15" tires and wheels, 150whp, H&R springs, Drivers seat, Tunnel Brace, front lower tie brace and some fender braces.

Hey all,
      I have made "Hot laps" at our local road race course in Winnipeg. Not real quick but loads of fun. The best I got up to was 150kph on the backstretch.
      Not bad for a street car.
      Rhyno

Thanks
      what is that 90mph? Once the Aveo hits 80 it has a hard time climbing. I was only able to 'almost' hit 100. My Lanos would hit 105 on the same spots on the same track... even carrying less speed through turn 9 (80 in the Lanos compared to 85-90 in the Aveo) the Lanos would hit 105. In the Mazda, I take turn 8 at 120 which makes turn 9 more interesting and 110-120 on the straight depending on how I handle the rest of the course. If I push hard on turns 5-6 it heatsoaks the intercooler so the car has a lot less power coming out of turn 9.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      anyone know what wheels are on that versa? they are sweet

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      if you pull the car all the way back until it start making a clicking sound and then let go, it'll really take off.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by kirbycope
      if you pull the car all the way back until it start making a clicking sound and then let go, it'll really take off.
      wow your so funny...i wish i was as cool as you

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      don't be a douche about it, i saw the 'racing little cars' topic and couldn't help myself.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      Quote Originally Posted by kirbycope
      wow your so funny...i wish i was as cool as you
      I laughed.

Unfortunately due to going to my best friends funeral next monday, I no longer have the money for the track day next month.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast