•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finally buying the 2012 Cruze

Wants moh powah
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      That's the kind of apples to apples comparison I want to see when someone talks about fuel economy; same driver, same commute. You have written before you were getting 30-32mpg with the Aveo and now 44-46 with the Cruze. Those numbers match up perfectly with the $20 vs $14 fillups. I may take a look at the Cruze...I drive about 30k a year and 80+% of it is interstate highway.

The cruze is capable of VERY good (64mpg good) fuel economy if you're willing to have a VERY light foot:
      http://media.gm.com/content/media/us/en/chevrolet/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2011/Aug/0826_cruzeeco

http://www.shell.us/home/content/usa...iving/taylors/

Last edited by wylee; 01-10-2012 at 06:34 AM.
      Sorry GM, the Turbo Sonic was priced too close to the Focus ST. I gots me a Ford.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      how does the extra $10k for the car work into that math? or like all the other initial prices of hybrid type fuel efficient cars, its not about dollar efficiency, its about spending money to think your helping the environment.

Wants moh powah
      Thanks
      The absolute dollar per mile/month efficiency doesn't work for me until gas hits about $8 a gallon. The difference in fuel economy for me at current prices would save me about $80 a month in gas. If that $80 a month is applied towards a Cruze payment, it makes it a little more feasible to buy the peppier, more comfortable, and QUIETER car.
      Sorry GM, the Turbo Sonic was priced too close to the Focus ST. I gots me a Ford.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      I agree with you that i may be quieter (compared to my slammed aveo, most things are) but i have not been in one long enough to really "know" how quiet it is. I thought from the hp to weight, it was actually about the same as the aveo in "peppiness" which really disappointed me. Comfort is a direct personal feeling, although the cruze is not bad. The larger console gave my right leg less knee room.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      I think his mileage and history with the car disagree with this, mine too. i was commuting 120 miles a day (why i bought the aveo). What did you go buy again? (off topic) are you happy with it? or do you have a ____Junk name on that cars forum too :P poking fun.
      Ok, not sure what to make of your comment. You say poking fun, so that throws me off a little. I owned an Aveo so I am not an unqualified poster. I do not come on this forum much but do cruze (pun intended) by and read once in a while still. I do not bash the Aveo and I do not start fights with people. Yes, my screen name must offend some such as the crap I took from AveoSS, even when I had my Aveo.

Yes I did finally trade the Aveo in...on a Civic, yes I really like it, but I didn't come here to say my civic is better or any of that. I try to post intelligent questions or information if at all.

With that said I apologize if I insulted you, not my intention.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      I was just poking fun with the name comment, I knew you traded your aveo. I could not remember what you got, but you've now had it long enough I was seriously asking if you still liked it or not.

As for the first part of my comment, your experience is it wasnt reliable enough to be a long commuter car, and i was stating that my experience, and NYChevoo's history of his aveo both support that it is perfectly good as a long commuter car. As we both used ours for that, long term.

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      how does the extra $10k for the car work into that math? or like all the other initial prices of hybrid type fuel efficient cars, its not about dollar efficiency, its about spending money to think your helping the environment.
      I suppose you may be right on this point petrified.rabbit! How does the $10K work into this equation. Apples and oranges too so far as comparisons may go. The Cruze has been a joy to drive and I'm not really placing much of a presidence on fuel economy, which still is pretty cool as far as I'm concerned, only because youre all right it really doesnt balance out the new car payment I've aquired monthly. There was nothing wrong with my Aveo and still is very drivable even at 151000 miles. I just wanted a new car after 7 yrs. I still have the Aveo, and as a matter of fact placed it back on the road last week because to be perectly honest I really still like the car quite a bit. I love its simplicity as opposed to all the bells and whistles and the constant stuff that is part of the normal operating of the Cruze. I havent actually driven the Cruze since last week but now have just a hair over 3000 mies on it. Now it does just what the Suburban does. They sit together side by side waiting to be driven.
      Last edited by NYChevoo; 01-16-2012 at 03:46 AM.
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      my comment originally went to wylees math. but your point of view is very interesting. I prefer older and simpler too, thats what drew me to the aveo it was like driving a brand knew 1977 vw rabbit, where as the fit, scion, yaris all felt like new cars that were all missing something.

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks
      As strange as it may seem to some of you especially since I went on and on about a new car that i would not only buy the new car, and also keep my Aveo, but also not be driving the new one as well. As the days progress I often start to wonder about maybe being slightly premature in the "wanting a new car, as opposed to needing a new car". Truly when I stated that since the Aveo went back on the road that the Cruze sits next to the Suburban in the driveway I mean it. I've had no itchings whatsoever to jump behind the wheel of it. You'd think I'd be all over gods creation roaring around in it. I am quite satisfied to continue to jump in the Aveo and go about my daily business as usual. If its of any consolation to me or my or my expenses the truth of the matter is that the Aveo will not last forever and any misgivings I may have had about that will be proven false when the time arises. The up part of this is that I have the Cruze and will not be standed at any time soon.

Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123