•  

Thread: A/C Problem?

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

A/C Problem?

I have a 2006 5 speed hatchback Aveo LS. It runs pretty good with the exception of if I run the A/C, eventually the motor just dies while I'm cruising at 45/50 mph. So then I coast to the shoulder, turn off the A/C, wait 1 minute and it starts right back up. I haven't used the A/C in awhile and haven't had any problem. But I live in SW Florida and it's damn hot! A friend of mine had the same problem in her Mustang. Turned out to be the CCRM (Constant Control Relay Module). But if I look up CCRM at any of the auto stores online, it's not offering one for my Aveo. Any ideas to fix this problem would be great. Thanks in advance!

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by vicsm View Post
      I have a 2006 5 speed hatchback Aveo LS. It runs pretty good with the exception of if I run the A/C, eventually the motor just dies while I'm cruising at 45/50 mph. So then I coast to the shoulder, turn off the A/C, wait 1 minute and it starts right back up. I haven't used the A/C in awhile and haven't had any problem. But I live in SW Florida and it's damn hot! A friend of mine had the same problem in her Mustang. Turned out to be the CCRM (Constant Control Relay Module). But if I look up CCRM at any of the auto stores online, it's not offering one for my Aveo. Any ideas to fix this problem would be great. Thanks in advance!
      the CCRM is a ford specific part, the A/C in the aveo is governed by the ECM. is the check engine light on at all? because there might be an underlying problem which is causing the engine to lose power and die when you call for the A/C.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Yes the check engine light has been on awhile. I just got a P2105 code "Forced Engine Shutdown" (TAC-Throttle Actuator Control). I'm thinking I'll start there. Thanks for your help.