•  

Thread: is anyone on here towing with their Aveo?

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

is anyone on here towing with their Aveo?

Well this weekend I go to pick up my new to me 07 AVEO 5. I have sold my gas guzzling 3/4 ton 454 4x4 monster! I have many reasons for selling,but mostly for the 10mpg's in the city. I got in touch with e trailer.com this afternoon and was fairly dis appointed in their hitch selection for our car. The only selection was a small hitch,nothing like my draw bar hitch on my pick up. I had never seen this kind before. I should explane,I will not be doing a lot of towing, I will however need it to be able to safely tow if need be. I like the set up "white AVEO has, but I am unclear as to his hitch. If this is common and what we are supposed to have,so be it. I will be towing a Harbor Freight 4x8 utility trailer and if need be my 1972 Honda CB750,in case of break downs, and of course my trip to the Dragon this summer. If this is a topic that has been beat to a pulp on here I do apoligize!

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      I have seen an Aveo towing a bike on here. I don't believe a utility trailer was being used. it was a smaller trailer built for a bike.
      I save towing for my jeep or van. Half the gas mileage, but much more appropriate for pulling a small camper

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      gm suggests not towing anything with the aveo.your not supposed to install a hitch.cars platform does not support towing.this is either in your vehicle hand book or on the gm site. i read it myself when some1 else asked about installing a hitch.will probly void warranty on drivetrain if installed.i know honda and toyota are ok for towing upto 1500 # on some of there small vehicles but not gm with the aveo.

Wants moh powah
      Thanks
      My extended warranty paperwork specifically stated warranty void if vehicle equipped for towing...I assume that is a moot point on an 07 car.

I think Curt makes a full width light duty 1.25" receiver hitch for the 1st generation cars but I'm too lazy to look it up.
      Sorry GM, the Turbo Sonic was priced too close to the Focus ST. I gots me a Ford.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by jesus freek View Post
      Well this weekend I go to pick up my new to me 07 AVEO 5. I have sold my gas guzzling 3/4 ton 454 4x4 monster! I have many reasons for selling,but mostly for the 10mpg's in the city. I got in touch with e trailer.com this afternoon and was fairly dis appointed in their hitch selection for our car. The only selection was a small hitch,nothing like my draw bar hitch on my pick up. I had never seen this kind before. I should explane,I will not be doing a lot of towing, I will however need it to be able to safely tow if need be. I like the set up "white AVEO has, but I am unclear as to his hitch. If this is common and what we are supposed to have,so be it. I will be towing a Harbor Freight 4x8 utility trailer and if need be my 1972 Honda CB750,in case of break downs, and of course my trip to the Dragon this summer. If this is a topic that has been beat to a pulp on here I do apoligize!
      Good luck with this. I'm dreaming of a camping trailer small enough for the Aveo. It may have to be a pop-up type.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      ariba puck.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Have to be a small teardrop trailer

Thanks
      I am having my brother-in law install a hitch on my 06 aveo hb so i can tow my 9 foot pop up tent trailer. the hitch for the car is rated at 2000lbs. my trailer wont even hit 1500lbs loaded after I modify it.

2005 best in class
      Thanks
      I have a towing setup on my 05 aveo I was towing a tractor supply 4x8 trailer with about 1200 lbs on it and all is well. I wouldn't however go any higher than that. Make sure you place the load correctly and secure it properly too much tongue wieght would be fatal on these vehicles. Iam a proffesional driver CDL (not race car) so I know a little about towing Good luck