•  

Thread: acceleration problem

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

acceleration problem

Sometimes after I've stopped and need to turn onto a road with ongoing traffic, my accelerator pedal doesn't seem to be working correctly. I'll pull out and my aveo isn't moving like it normally does and I'm like oh, ****, because I'm about to get t-boned. It's like I have severe turbo lag, but I don't have a turbo. I have to slam the pedal to the floor and I finally start accelerating. I drive a 2011 aveo sedan. Has anyone else experienced this?

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      is your recall complete? I experience delay of the dbw. but its quick to get used to, although it is worse when the ac is on..

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Yes I had the recall for my spark plug boots and spark plugs. I don't know of any other recalls.

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
      Sometimes after I've stopped and need to turn onto a road with ongoing traffic, my accelerator pedal doesn't seem to be working correctly. I'll pull out and my aveo isn't moving like it normally does and I'm like oh, ****, because I'm about to get t-boned. It's like I have severe turbo lag, but I don't have a turbo. I have to slam the pedal to the floor and I finally start accelerating. I drive a 2011 aveo sedan. Has anyone else experienced this?
      YES. When my 2009 was only a few months old, I brought it to the dealer to check the shift points of the automatic transmission. I didn't experience anything as dramatic as yours, but obviously your car has something seriously wrong with it. In my case they checked the codes and found that the accelerator pedal itself (which is an electronic device) was faulty and they replaced it under warranty.

Your 2011 is practically new and is under warranty for three years. Take it to a dealer immediately and insist that they repair whatever is wrong. You can expect that they might give you the runaround, but don't take no for an answer. If your dealer balks at doing warranty work or refuses to give you a loaner car, call Chevrolet at 866-790-5600 and keep complaining until they fix it.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Thank you very much for the positive suggestion. My dealer has never had a problem with fixing things under warranty. The bad thing is that it doesn't always do it. The event is completely random. I know that it's not normal, though. I've never experienced this.