•  

Thread: Please Help Me! Idling/Acceleration Issue

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Question Please Help Me! Idling/Acceleration Issue

Hello....

I am new to this forum and thought i'd see if I can get any insight into the problem that I am having with my 2006 Aveo.

Recently, I had a problem with the flex pipe. There was a section maybe an inch long, that was separated; toward the front part of the vehicle. This caused a very loud and annoying sound, but at first, no real problems with the car working properly. Still, I made an appointment to get a new flex pipe put on the car.

However, I drove the car today and was astonished because the car will not accelerate when you put it in gear. It still runs, sort of like a low consistent speed, but it won't pick up speed. But there are times when you can put the car back in "Park" and it will act like it is revving up and it is going to take off like it should. Once again, I put it in gear and get the non-acceleration issue.

Does anyone have any idea if this problem is perhaps stemming from the fact that the exhaust (flex pipe) is separated? If so, then I am optimistic that it will be taken care of when I take it in later this week. Should I be concerned that it may be something more costly/serious?! Guys/Gals - i'll admit, I am about as technically inclined, when it comes to vehicles, as a cinder-block. LOL. But I am indeed trying to learn. Any insight, help or advice will be greatly appreciated! Please Help!

Thanks All!

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      How many miles do you have? Coil pack is a start, along with spark plugs and wires. The exhaust should not have an effect like that though, was it like this right after you had the pipe fixed?

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Hi....it has quite a few miles. 159,000. It has new plugs and plug wires....about 2 months old. The pipe isn't fixed yet. I am actually supposed to take it in later this week. I am crossing my fingers that it is stemming from the flex pipe being split in half....I know it makes it a LOT LOUDER. LOL.

Thanks
      Ah exhaust hole that far up in the exhaust will cause a loss of power, especially at lower rpms. I'd start with the exhaust and see how it is after the fact.