•  

Thread: new motor issues. please help

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

new motor issues. please help

Keeping it simple...I bought a 2005 aveo with a bad t belt. Someone else disassembled the locked up motor.I removed the bottom half and installed a tested used motor.Car runs terrible. I'm lost. Hold and cel is flashing. Are relearn procedures needed? I can't pull codes but I have a slew of spare parts.I can unplug the 2 injectors closest to the timing belt and it runs the same. Tried replacing the injectors with no luck. I also swapped torque convertors. Doubt that matters.

Thanks
      Well if you can't pull codes???? I will be of no help, if you just want to try random stuff, knock yourself out. Personally I like to save time. Good luck and keep us posted!

A relearn did sort out the last engine swap on here. FYI
      Last edited by 06T200; 06-21-2016 at 10:24 PM. Reason: 2 many typos,,,,

Thanks

reprogram going once.....

Quote Originally Posted by 06T200 View Post
      Well if you can't pull codes???? I will be of no help, if you just want to try random stuff, knock yourself out. Personally I like to save time. Good luck and keep us posted!

A relearn did sort out the last engine swap on here. FYI
      Its going to the local shop tommorow. Everything in the town is dirt cheap. They are doing the relearn procedure for 20$!!!!! Its just that I have this slew of parts...and well I don't want to turn to the shop.. I want to do on my own. I don't have the tools. Nor a scanner. I literally did this engine with my sons (he's tool set. IMA check the timing also. With me not removing the head in the first place...could you point me yo a well illustrated vac diagram. The trans doesn't want to shift via the shifter...but it seems to work of I disconnect the linkage and shift at the transmission. So I'm assuming its just the adjustment of the linkage.

Lol this car runs like junk. Probably on 2 cyl. All yl are getting spark and fuel. I'm confident the second cyl from the timing belt is not firing tho. Idk....probably something dumb I did or a reprogramming. Just didn't want to wait. Want it done now lol.

In my defence... We all probably been successful with a guess from time to time. So guess away I got nothing better to do this evening...it's my bday also. Might get lu ky and save a 20$ bill

Thanks

Thanks
      Could try swapping the ECM that was mated to the engine and synced to the CKP. Also make sure the coil is ok, sometimes they crack and cause havoc. Might not hurt to do a compression test while you are mixing and swapping. In the past I changed a crank sensor when it was the coil assembly. Wont hurt lol

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 06T200 View Post
      Could try swapping the ECM that was mated to the engine and synced to the CKP. Also make sure the coil is ok, sometimes they crack and cause havoc. Might not hurt to do a compression test while you are mixing and swapping. In the past I changed a crank sensor when it was the coil assembly. Wont hurt lol
      I tore off the timing cover...no foul play seen. I figure if the timing jumped it would of blew by now. These cars are zero tolerance. I'm a avid mech and again I did this with a kids socket set lmao. In mY lack of tools and resources I touched back to my teenage days and washed the motor with oven cleaner and a water hose. Plugs and wires I'm assuming as I can see the wires arking badly...its night time now.

My only question is...could a wire (ground strap or alt starter ect) cause this? Or is it from washing the motor. The sparkplug wells have moisture in them too.

Thanks
      Vacuum hose diag

Name:  VAC-diag.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  73.2 KB

(1) To HVAC
      (2) Vacuum Brake Booster
      (3) Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) Canister
      (4) EVAP Vent Solenoid
      (5) Fuel Tank
      (6) Intake Manifold Tuning Valve (IMTV) Vacuum Actuator/Variable Geometry Induction System (VGIS) Vacuum Actuator)
      (7) IMTV Solenoid/VGIS Solenoid
      (8 ) IMTV Vacuum Reservoir/VGIS Vacuum Reservoir
      (9) EVAP Purge Solenoid (10) Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      You mentioned that you did a power balance by unplugging the injector and you noted no change. I would rent some noid lights from Autozone and test the connectors of the wiring harness. I would remove the fuel pump relay and start the engine and go down to each connector of the injectors to see if it lights up. As for the injectors you could check them with a Ohm meter and note what you are getting in all 4 injectors connectors. They should be all within some range. If one injector is way off there could be a problem with that injector. It will at least give you a starting point.