•  

Thread: 2010 Aveo vibrating loudly at freeway speeds

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

2010 Aveo vibrating loudly at freeway speeds

I bought my 2010 aveo just 6 months ago from a dealer with 36k on it. The engine was misfiring due to recalled coil boots. That was fixed under warranty. Over the past few weeks the car sounds loud when driving up to freeway speeds. There is a vibration sound quite loud sounds like its in the back of the car. Please help. I've had my last car fail less than a year after I bought it. Does anyone know what is causing this noise?
      Thank you

Still love my daily driver classic67's Avatar
      Thanks
      If its still under warranty take it back to the dealer and have them fix it. does the car have steel wheels or alloy it could be a bent wheel or an unbalanced tire. I highly doubt its a bad wheel bearing because of how new the car is. Good luck post back what they say or find.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Based on what you described, it sounds like maybe something in the exhaust system is broken or separated, and is now touching another part of the car. Any chance the exhaust pipe was smacked by something lying in the road, or perhaps by coming off a curb that you didn't see until too late?

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Susieq View Post
      I bought my 2010 aveo just 6 months ago from a dealer with 36k on it. The engine was misfiring due to recalled coil boots. That was fixed under warranty. Over the past few weeks the car sounds loud when driving up to freeway speeds. There is a vibration sound quite loud sounds like its in the back of the car. Please help. I've had my last car fail less than a year after I bought it. Does anyone know what is causing this noise?
      Thank you
      Thank you for your post. If you would like for me to research your VIN to see if there are any open recalls or special coverages that maybe related to what you're experiencing, I would be glad to do so. Please PM me your last 8-digits of your VIN, name, contact phone, and current mileage. Since your vehicle is still under warranty, I would also recommend taking it back to your Chevy dealership to be diagnosed as they would be most familiar with your vehicle.

I look forward to your reply.

Vanessa
      GM Customer Service

Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html