•  

Thread: Vibrating!!!

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Vibrating!!!

I dont have any clue about this aspect of the car. (Under the hood) and EVERY time I am in Idle, there is an awful almost grinding sound. A/C does make this sound a little more dramatic however it is absolutly awful at all times. Usually it stops once I start to accelerate from a stop... Usually.

So..

1. Grinding?
      2. A/C?
      3. USUALLY, only durring idle and reverse.
      4. Sometimes ALL THE TIME.

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT
      2007 Schwinn Sport LX 150

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Make a recording and post it so we can hear what it is. in the mean time check the oil level.

Now my room mate said what is that noise and i was like what noise and so i jumped out and all i can hear was the Valves. Don't really know why but my Aveo has a lot of Valve Noise. there is no reason for it. it was checked out by the dealer my first oil change. now if it is the lifter some people think you can get rid of the lifter nois by switching to synthatic oil or if you don't want to pay the price of Synthatic 5W 30 is better the 10W 30 or even a High Millage Half oil half Synthatic is said to get rid of all lifter noise.

Before any one starts posting Bull **** about My cars lifter noise YES I DO CHANGE THE OIL EVERY 3000 MILES IN FACT I JUST GOT IT CHANGED AT 73,000 MILES there is nothing wrong with my lifters or valves. It is about time to change the Belt and i plan on changeing it in the next week or so. i also am planning to change the timing belt at 100,000 miles.
      You did WHAT? to your Aveo? HAHAHAHAHA

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Timing belt is suppossed to be done at 60,000miles on the Aveo...

as for grinding, is it more of a grinding, groaning, or rattling? Since you say the A/C changes the sound we can narrow it down to probably something on the belt system

Thanks
      It is more of a rattling, especially with the A/C on. I will try to record something with my phone for you to hear.

Also, i dont remeber if i said this, but its the worst, i mean, absolute worst when i have the a/c on in reverse.
      2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by jaylibby
      It is more of a rattling, especially with the A/C on. I will try to record something with my phone for you to hear.

Also, i dont remeber if i said this, but its the worst, i mean, absolute worst when i have the a/c on in reverse.
      If it's a rattling my first thought is that you have a loose heat shield

Thanks
      No, It is not that. I had issues with that and my old VW golf. Mine had already started to vibrate back in the day so I ripped it off myself. hehe.

I just need to make sure not to park in grass...
      2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by y2daniel1981

as for grinding, is it more of a grinding, groaning, or rattling? Since you say the A/C changes the sound we can narrow it down to probably something on the belt system
      actually didnt they just change it to 50,000 miles i just got a letter on that

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      Quote Originally Posted by y2daniel1981

actually didnt they just change it to 50,000 miles i just got a letter on that
      Well I didnt get the letter, and if that's the case then I'm over due! But when I was at Chevy saturday they still said 60,000