•  

Thread: 2007 Aveo - A/C Compressor Dead

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

2007 Aveo - A/C Compressor Dead

I currently own a 2007 Aveo LS with 55,000 miles. After replacing a leaky radiator, out of warranty, at 45,000 miles, my A/C compressor has bit the dust...

Mechanic shows pressure levels normal on low and high side, and compressor cycles on and off, but no cold air. After some research, the mechanic says it is likely a faulty valve in the compressor. Quote? $1400...

Is this a common problem with the Aveo? Any other ideas of what the problem could be?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      if the levels are normal, i am wondering how the compressor is damaged? or is he not taking a running pressure?

if it cycles off and on, and you had the radiator replaced, are you sure there is enough refrigerant? the condenser might have been damaged or disconnected during the rad replacement.

I would jump the switch to see if it stays on, then if it does, top off the system until it stays running on its own?

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      if the levels are normal, i am wondering how the compressor is damaged? or is he not taking a running pressure?

if it cycles off and on, and you had the radiator replaced, are you sure there is enough refrigerant? the condenser might have been damaged or disconnected during the rad replacement.

I would jump the switch to see if it stays on, then if it does, top off the system until it stays running on its own?
      I know he checked the levels with the compressor running. I did the same myself. I don't recall if it cycled on and off, or stayed on constant though.

Both when I checked, and my mechanic, the pressure was slightly higher than normal on the low and high side. He said that is normally due to a blockage, but after researching similar problems with the aveo, said it was likely a faulty valve in the compressor.