•  

Thread: AC compressor cycles

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

AC compressor cycles

I have a 2009 Aveo that the AC compressors keeps cycling on and off every minute or so. I checked the freon pressure on the low side and it is fine. When the air is turned on with the MAX engaged, you can hear the compressor turning and and off right away. The fuses and relays are also OK. Any ideas?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      mine does it when its really hot outside (and i really need the ac to work) it will cycle on and off to the point i get no cool air.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by arson97 View Post
      I have a 2009 Aveo that the AC compressors keeps cycling on and off every minute or so. I checked the freon pressure on the low side and it is fine. When the air is turned on with the MAX engaged, you can hear the compressor turning and and off right away. The fuses and relays are also OK. Any ideas?
      Thank you for your post. Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. After researching your vehicle's Owner's Manual pg. 3-19 Climate Control; it mentions the fan must be turned on to run the air conditioning compressor. For vehicles with air conditioning, follow these steps to use the system. Turn fan to the desired speed. The air conditioning does not operate when the fan control knob is in the off position. Press A/C to turn the air conditioning on and off. When A/C is pressed, an indicator light comes on to
      show that the air conditioning is on.

If your A/C continues to malfunction, I recommend having it serviced at your local GM dealership. Please keep me posted.

Vanessa,
      GM Customer Service