Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BAD mpg from the Aveo

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

BAD mpg from the Aveo

For those of you who are interested.

http://www.petitiononline.com/aveompg/petition.html

probably wont do much, but i'm tired no one caring or listening about our complaints. Please feel free to sign if you are so inclined

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      you should really check out other b-segment car forums...they are getting the same mpg as we are....what mpg are you getting?

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks
      I can't complain. I do over 40mpg(Imperial 1Gallon = 1.2US Gallon) at 70mph.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      doesnt anybody know? online petitions dont do a dogon thing!!! and besides the MPG are ESTIMATES, so that means 36 mpg highway and 26 in the city would be under PERFECT road conditions, i.e no turns, no slowing down or speeding up, just one speed all the time without stopping. So even though our cars dont actually get that mileage because we dont drive under "perfect" road conditions, it is mentioned on the window sticker that you mileage WILL VARY.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by khan4rtist
      doesnt anybody know? online petitions dont do a dogon thing!!! and besides the MPG are ESTIMATES, so that means 36 mpg highway and 26 in the city would be under PERFECT road conditions, i.e no turns, no slowing down or speeding up, just one speed all the time without stopping. So even though our cars dont actually get that mileage because we dont drive under "perfect" road conditions, it is mentioned on the window sticker that you mileage WILL VARY.
      Actually the road test is at an average 50mph with a top speed of 60. The speed does vary but the test reflects going through villages...not actual highway speeds.

Yes they are estimates. People need to realize that 36mpg also has a statistical interval. Even if you go to the dealership and they test the vehicle, if your's is in the interval, there is nothing wrong with your car. Since the EPA test only a few engines, the interval can be quite wide.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      well its great for you that are actually getting that mileage... but when i get 26mpg going hwy. or 19mpg city i get a bit frustrated. Its great that you are getting great mileage, but i'm not and you don't have to be rude about it.

Thanks
      hey im there with you frog! i guess we got lucky on our MPG

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by toomuchrock
      well its great for you that are actually getting that mileage... but when i get 26mpg going hwy. or 19mpg city i get a bit frustrated. Its great that you are getting great mileage, but i'm not and you don't have to be rude about it.
      I try never to be rude, sorry if I sounded like I was. I was just saying because not many engines were tested, the estimates might be off by quite a lot. Like ave0sam said, it's a problem with all b-segment cars, not just the aveos.

I know that the 2007's in Canada are rated 48mpg and mine is rated for 46 (2006)...I don't know where the extra 2mpg came from. ECU upgrade maybe.

Thanks
      then there is something wrong with your car or how you are driving it...im just saying its not all aveos that have your problem....its just like when two people had their tranny mounts break, they the owners thought it was a problem with all of them but in reality it was just a bad apple....

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      too many bad apples if u ask me, lol, i also get crappy mileage, really crappy 17-20 mpg city

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast