•  
    Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BAD mpg from the Aveo

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by toomuchrock
      whatever suggestions you have for fixing it kindly tell gm, because they will not listen to me/
      Really, though, what do you think are they going to do? They have EPA fuel economy ratings that say XX mpg city/XX mpg highway and say that they're fine and competitive. Everyone and their dog knows that these ratings don't come close to real world figures. Everyone's mileage will be different based on who/what/when/where/why/how.
      I get crappy economy, nothing less than in the 20s mpg range, though. I do a short (<5 mile) commute to work, twice a day, so I chalked up the crappy fuel economy, between 21 and 23 mpg, to the short hauls.
      However, since my ECM died and I got it replaced, I'm getting about 30 mpg so far, so my crappy mileage may have been a faulty computer from the get-go. We'll see...
      BTW- the 48 mpg rating listed in Canada is in IMPERIAL gallons, which is about a US quart larger than a US gallon. So the 32/48 Imperial gallons translates to 26 city/40 highway in US gallons.

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      my commute is about 13 miles, just about half and half are freeway and city miles, and i never said i got 17mpg all the time, it has only happend once, the rest of the time im getting around 20-22mpg

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Can you describe your method of calculating?

I use a program on a Palm Pilot an I get milage to the tenth.

Lately I'm down to 28mpg, but I've been getting 30mpg usually with a best of 32. (seems to like summer better).

at 260 miles what the actual amount of gas you add to fill back up? not the dollar amount but the volume.

The thing with the low gas mileage claims is...the gas has to go somewhere

there's no way gas can escape without leaving tell tale signs.

See, an engine cant just eat up a ton more gas just like a person cant eat unlimited food. your stomach is only so big, so is the combustion chamer.

The gas either has to leak out of the vehicle..You'd smell it when parked and likely get a cel from the computer sensing a difference in the way the tank is venting due to a leak.

Or Your injectors are spraying more fuel into you combustion chambers than other aveo's.

In this case, you would still see traces of the wasted fuel as black soot and smoke from the tail pipe.

It will dirty the rear bumper quick.

You should be able to see it an acceleration in your mirror, or have someone behind you verify that your car lets out a dark black (not blue or white) cloud of smoke on acceleration.

Your car will also feel down on power and again you'd likely be running a cell too since the exhaust pollutants would be through the roof.
      30 MPG avg.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      im calculating mine this week...i go to fill the car up tomrrow to see how much gas i used...i was going to try and be conservative on the pedal but that lasted for two days before i got bored lol

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Aveo_SS
      The thing with the low gas mileage claims is...the gas has to go somewhere. there's no way gas can escape without leaving tell tale signs. See, an engine cant just eat up a ton more gas just like a person cant eat unlimited food. your stomach is only so big, so is the combustion chamer. The gas either has to leak out of the vehicle..You'd smell it when parked and likely get a cel from the computer sensing a difference in the way the tank is venting due to a leak.
      Or Your injectors are spraying more fuel into you combustion chambers than other aveo's. In this case, you would still see traces of the wasted fuel as black soot and smoke from the tail pipe. It will dirty the rear bumper quick.
      sorry, but your reasoning is incorrect on so many levels...

Quote Originally Posted by mtlswift
      Quote Originally Posted by Aveo_SS
      The thing with the low gas mileage claims is...the gas has to go somewhere. there's no way gas can escape without leaving tell tale signs. See, an engine cant just eat up a ton more gas just like a person cant eat unlimited food. your stomach is only so big, so is the combustion chamer. The gas either has to leak out of the vehicle..You'd smell it when parked and likely get a cel from the computer sensing a difference in the way the tank is venting due to a leak.
      Or Your injectors are spraying more fuel into you combustion chambers than other aveo's. In this case, you would still see traces of the wasted fuel as black soot and smoke from the tail pipe. It will dirty the rear bumper quick.
      sorry, but your reasoning is incorrect on so many levels...
      Or not...

Thanks
      well i just filled up 2 days ago, 25 bucks, ill drive easy, lets see how many miles i get out of it.....

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      25 bucks? how much is gas where you live?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      25 bucks? how much is gas where you live?
      $2.23

WOW... it's $1.80 here

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast