Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      y2daniel got over 50 mpg with his aveo.
      did he? i thought he was the one who got in the 40's

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      ugh, dont make me search......plz...

lol yeh he got over 50, if u go to his vid on youtube he mentions it there in the comments section.

speak of the devil, where is dan, havent seen him around.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      dont worry i do my own leg work....yea he did get 51mpg its in the gas mileage thread, makes this a little bit more believeable but its funny cause daniels first two legs are in the 30s then booms jumps up to 51...must have been going down hill with the wind at his back

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      I was on the Empty light and filled up exactly 3 gallons, and drove to school 140 miles away..so about 46mpg..still really good gas mileage, but like I said I was behind tractor trailers for about 80 miles of that., and keeping it under 3k rpm's most times.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      Quote Originally Posted by deniswhite1
      i converted mine 4l per 100km to US gallons not canadian gallons

i thought aveo owners would be happy to hear of such good milege insted there is beefin about random ****e
      no its cool if you did it, but its just hard to believe you got in the high 50's for mpg when the highest I have ever heard of was the 40's, so that means your getting 10+mpg then the best that has talked about which is a big jump in mpg...anything around 5mpg more could have been believable but 10 plus sounds too good to be true and you know what they say about that...if it sounds to good to be true then it probably is. now your math for the conversion of 100KM/4L to 58.8 miles per US gal is good but I am just wondering how you came up with 100KM/4L?
      i filled up full tank, i used just a lil bit over 6L on a 150km trip all highway, and then filled up again and thats how many Liters i needed for a full tank doing 90km/h

so im the gas milege champ right now?

PS: if i didn't have my sub in the hatch, 4 tires in the back seat, a passenger, and a full tank of gas, i would of hit 60mpg for shure.
      Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, rather than drive a fast car slow!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Here is a Great Calculator to help with the LITERS PER 100KM vs. MPG (US) vs. MPG (IMPERIAL) issue.

Dennis, don't expect anyone to believe your 58mpg claim til you can present it maturely and back it up with scientific reasoning: i.e., precise, clear communication backed up with hard data.

By contrast, for example, there is a fellow over on GMinsidenews.com named Wolfman01 who's figured out how to get over 40mpg in his 2006 Aveo5 5-speed... but if you ask him how, he won't mention his mother sitting next to him as one of the reasons he gets good mileage.

When I asked him how he acheived his mileage, he listed these rules:
      * First: slow down: max speed of 55 mph ever.
      * Minimize hard acceleration.
      * Don't let the car warm up in the driveway.
      * Look well ahead in traffic, allow the vehicle to "coast" often.
      * Plan stops into routes, to minimize time spent bouncing back and forth
      * Maintenance - synthetic oil, correct tire pressure, car in good tune.

He's regularly able to get 40+ mpg -- but with fairly extraordinary means. His lifetime average is 35mpg.

Now, unless your mother is a sorceress, what gives?

My conclusion: it's interesting Dennis, that you got 58mpg, but anecdotal. Try again another time, let us know how you do. If it did happen once, and I'm hard pressed to believe you, do let us know if you can repeat the experiment.

Dennis' Mileage Score to Date: 0 Points.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by pcm84
      Here is a Great Calculator to help with the LITERS PER 100KM vs. MPG (US) vs. MPG (IMPERIAL) issue.

Dennis, don't expect anyone to believe your 58mpg claim til you can present it maturely and back it up with scientific reasoning: i.e., precise, clear communication backed up with hard data.

By contrast, for example, there is a fellow over on GMinsidenews.com named Wolfman01 who's figured out how to get over 40mpg in his 2006 Aveo5 5-speed... but if you ask him how, he won't mention his mother sitting next to him as one of the reasons he gets good mileage.

When I asked him how he acheived his mileage, he listed these rules:
      * First: slow down: max speed of 55 mph ever.
      * Minimize hard acceleration.
      * Don't let the car warm up in the driveway.
      * Look well ahead in traffic, allow the vehicle to "coast" often.
      * Plan stops into routes, to minimize time spent bouncing back and forth
      * Maintenance - synthetic oil, correct tire pressure, car in good tune.

He's regularly able to get 40+ mpg -- but with fairly extraordinary means. His lifetime average is 35mpg.

Now, unless your mother is a sorceress, what gives?

My conclusion: it's interesting Dennis, that you got 58mpg, but anecdotal. Try again another time, let us know how you do. If it did happen once, and I'm hard pressed to believe you, do let us know if you can repeat the experiment.

i beleive it was presented simply and maturely, as for scientific reasoning it was not my intention to, all i did was present a fact of 58mpg and how i achieved it. its not my job to prove scientific theorys of why i got the milege that i did, and nor do i need to prof what i got.
      Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, rather than drive a fast car slow!

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      a max of 55mph? damn guess i wont be getting 40 mpg anytime soon...the reasoning for a max of 55mph is because thats the average max speed before air resistance really starts working against you

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      i beleive it was presented simply and maturely, as for scientific reasoning it was not my intention to, all i did was present a fact of 58mpg and how i achieved it. its not my job to prove scientific theorys of why i got the milege that i did, and nor do i need to prof what i got.
      Dennis, you're probably better off not saying your 58mpg is factual, unless you have some real insight into how you achieved it and how it can be replicated. Otherwise you just look silly.

Facts are verifiable.

Your claim is 40% higher than a high mileage figure by someone who supports their claim with five fuel-saving behaviors -- and backs up their data with a lifetime mileage claim as well. Again, is your mother magic?

Your posts show a sloppy disregard for writing precision (lack of capitalization, mispelled "believe," mispelled "prove"). Are you this sloppy and hurried when calculating mileage? It's an easy inference to make.

Your mileage claim is an anecdote... an amusing anecdote, not to be believed.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by pcm84
      Dennis, you're probably better off not saying your 58mpg is factual, unless you have some real insight into how you achieved it and how it can be replicated. Otherwise you just look silly.

Facts are verifiable.

Your claim is 40% higher than a high mileage figure by someone who supports their claim with five fuel-saving behaviors -- and backs up their data with a lifetime mileage claim as well. Again, is your mother magic?

Your posts show a sloppy disregard for writing precision (lack of capitalization, mispelled "believe," mispelled "prove"). Are you this sloppy and hurried when calculating mileage? It's an easy inference to make.

Your mileage claim is an anecdote... an amusing anecdote, not to be believed.

wow! does this sound familiar or what?

*cough holden cough barina cough, ahem*

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast