•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Modifications for the Aveo5

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Modifications for the Aveo5

Ok so i have and 2008 Aveo5 i bought because my wife said I need a new car for the kid... To stop the fighting I just went down to the dealership and paid the 8 grand for this car. Well I have never owned a car I havent modded and this one is really getting to me. Its almost impossible to find parts or i am looking in the wrong spots. What are some mods i can do to the engine to help its performance? I wanna start here and then go on to the rest of the car? Any and all advice is welcome...oh and has anyone heard anything good about gforce chips?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      one on the easiest and cheapest way is a CAI or a SRI , but its hard to find alot of performance parts best adivice i could say is just keep looking. and i have never heard of gforce chips but almost any chip for a car is usually just crap or a scam.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I was planning on putting a Sri in it and a 4-2 header with prolly a stage 2 short cycle Turbo with underdrive pulleys but is that all I can do???? I want to maximize the performance to the complete full I can?

Thanks
      You can do whatever you want. There just isn't a lot of premade stuff out there that you can buy off the shelf. This ain't no 90s Civic. You gotta make custom parts if you want a custom ride.

There is some stuff available though. What are you looking for?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I don't really know I don't wanna add one part without upgrading something else that I should of and blow the hell out of it or fry something. Like ignition anyway I can upgrade it from stock? Any guidelines I should follow? When looking for Turbo what should I be aware of? Mine is automatic do they sell a gate or ratchet shifter he'll I would be happy with passels shifter? I was looking into headers not finding much of anyone that does them Then looked into making my own but the math involved in such gave me a headache. Anyone make them? Should I stick with the original throttle body and find a spacer if so does anyone make them? Or upgrade and of so to What? Like I said any advice is greatly appreciated this is my first vehicle I have ever owned that was younger than me so I am a little lost...

Thanks
      I'd recommend starting with the suspension on the Aveo before moving on to power enhancing modifications. A good handling car is much more fun than a car that has a bit more go IMO. I'd go with new springs (ebay or where ever) and a rear sway bar (made by ultra racing) to start. Possibly look at some wheels and new tires too.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      True.....can I run with tires17-7 or do I gotta do something special to do so? What is the tower bar used for?

Thanks
      I'd look through the garage and see what others are using. 17" wheels, while they may look good to you, will actually slow you down since they add rotational weight. Staying with something smaller would be better for acceleration and braking.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      So the stock would be best? I don't know I just figured they woulxd look bad with body kit. Ya will do thanks

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Another question for my 2008 chevy aveo5 ls and really like the wide style body kit. Every says go to gravanatuning.com but the site doesn't exist...any where else I can get it???????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast