•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Modifications for the Aveo5

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Looked on hundreds of websites all I find are the fender flares pisses Me off...next wtf happened to gravana tuning everyone got parts from them and now they are simply gone....POOF! Next the weapon r is amazing I was averaging 27-28 city MPH and now I am at 34 MPg it runs great real easy to install sounds amazing and it dropped my 0-60 on the synopsis by 6 second which blew my mind! I get complements on it all the time from people who bought others such as k&n,aem, nismo and airaid plus for 190 u get more than the other companies I love mine and will keep getting them from them. Also I'd there anything special I should be looking into when buying performance brakes? I did a search and only finding rotors which I got ordered just want to install them at same time any suggestions?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      what the hell?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      What the hell what? And not synopsis I meant dyno

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      6mpg gain from a sri? 0-60 on dyno? you lost me...

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Yes ran a dyno 0-60, 40 ft 60 ft 1/4 mile and 330 feet! Thanks for getting off subject. If u can't help with qqons asked please stay off the thread!

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Anyone in the Hudson Valley know where I can get a ram air intake installed on a 2008 Aveo5 hatch? I'm trying to increase the horses to climb over a ridge on my commute to/from work so I can cut out the 20 miles of battlefield track (craters and speed-bumps) on Rt 17 (Quickway) soon to be (they promise) I 86?

I LIKE the smoother ride and the shorter route but just can't get out of the way of the SUVs with the big 8s climbing over from West Milford to Warwick.

Oh, I almost forgot. Any way to install pop-out windows to replace those useless quarter windows behind the rear seats?

Back in the 'OLD' days (1950s-60) some cars actually had small windows at the front - quarter windows on the front doors in-front of the roll-down driver & passenger windows which acted as intake vents if you swiveled them around enough. These let-OUT humid air whenever the windshield fogged-up and let-IN fresh air when swiveled back - and with a rear window cracked open you had 'flow-thru' ventilation - useful on trips with a baby in the back with Grandma (reference Chevy Chase's 'Family Vacation' road trip) .

Today the only flow-tru you I can find entails installing a 'sun-roof' which leads to leaks in the wet, annoying rattles in the cold and just another access port for a thief. (not that I've GOT anything worth stealing in there)

I'm also interested in finding someone who can install a 'pop-up' vent for the Ram-Air system. A small door/hatch, controlled by a cable, which pops-up to let-in more cold air than can find its way in under the hood. We had something like this on my family's cars in the 1950s but that was to let-in fresh air for the cabin - not the engine.
      Last edited by lpines; 03-27-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      Exhaust shop, get a piece of 2.5" outer diameter exhaust flanged to 3" on one side. Cut it down to fit your needs. Then all you need is a 3" filter. Optionally get it bent at about 45degrees and use it for a cold air intake. I don't know measurements off the top of my head, but this has worked great for me.

http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123