•  
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pics of my 2012 Aveo 1.3 litre 75 hp diesel with start/stop

Thanks
      You should get it tuned by Trifecta! Hello better economy and more power if you do! He's got quite a few sonics and cruzes tuned already as well as my 2010 Aveo5. Its more than worth it!

Thanks
      The start/stop system works perfectly, exactly as advertised.

When I pull up to a traffic light, or in traffic, I simply put it in neutral, foot on brake, and it stops instantly. When I put my foot back on the clutch, it starts right away. The car is very well insulated for sound, so to hear whether it is off or not, I had to mute the music in order to know if the engine had indeed stopped. At idle, it runs very quite.

It's CO2 emissions are rated at 95 g/km, extremely low, much lower then the gasoline version of the Aveo/Sonic. It's also rated energy level A here in Turkey/Europe, with a rating of combined city/highway of 3.7 litres of diesel per 100 km. City rated at 4.2 litres per 100 km, and highway at 3.3 litres per 100 km. It is taxed on our yearly "car tax" here in Turkey at the lowest rate because of this. If I lived in London, it would be exempt from the Congestion Tax for London because of it's low emissions, and also would be exempt the yearly UK car tax.

With this mileage, I should get around 1000 or so km's per tank of 45 litres on combined driving.

This is the 4th Aveo I have had, the first two being a 2004, 2006 automatic Aveo sedans back in Canada, and the 3rd being a 2010 Aveo automatic sedan I bought here in Turkey. They are nothing like or can compare to the new Aveo/Sonic, especially the diesel. Yes it is manual, a bit more of a pain in the city, but the trade off for mileage, help to the enviroment is all such a bonus.

Gas and diesel are very, very expensive here in Turkey, but euro diesel, for a Euro 5/6 emission class engine, the clean stuff, is quite a bit cheaper then gasoline, because of the taxes. The diesel Aveo has a very efficient particulate filter as well. Most people convert their gasoline engine cars to dual fuel, LPG/gasoline, but then on a new car, unless factory installed, that invalidates the engine warranty, plus I don't relish the idea of driving with LPG in my back end.

This is not a BMW or Volvo by any means, but in a country of small diesel engine cars, with a huge selection, this is a huge step forward by GM to take on the likes of Renault, Citreon, Peugeot, Hyundai and Ford. Fiat doesn't really factor in, as they seem to be very cheap and still the "Fix it again Tony" car I remember as a kid in Canada.

The Cruz is a really big seller here, having been out for about 4 years now, and with the new model this year, really selling well. The crossover Captiva is already the biggest selling crossover here. I am extremely impressed with the fit and finish of the 2012 Aveo diesel, the engine is sound and more then able to tackle the hills and mountains here, and the mileage is everything I had hoped for an more. Just my opinion, but couldn't be happier.
      Last edited by Steve B; 05-10-2012 at 06:05 AM.

Thanks
      Very nice mpg ratings. For us on this side of the pond the conversion is below. Keep in mind these are European test cycle standards which always rates their cars higher than the same EPA numbers. Still, very respectable.

City = 56 mpg
      Highway = 71 mpg
      Combined = 64 mpg

Thanks
      Thanks Daox for the info and especiallly the conversion, keeps us all on a level playing field with numbers, lol. Hopefully, and I have every reason so far to believe it, it will reach or come very close to these numbers.

Thanks
      A couple of pics of my Aveo taken yesterday after a nice drive down the Cesme peninsula to Cesme, Turkey from Izmir.

Name:  13 May, Mothers Day 2012 065-2.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  108.2 KBName:  13 May, Mothers Day 2012 066-2.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  105.3 KB

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Wow thats really nice! i wish we had the diesel over here!
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Thanks
      Looks like it was a lovely trip.

Thanks
      75 horsepower seems a lil tooo week :[

Thanks
      It may seem that way, but have you driven a diesel car? My sister has an 03 Jetta TDI. It is only rated at 90 hp and it weighs in at 3000 lbs. You would never even notice that it only has 90 hp if you didn't know. The low end torque of the diesel gives you some more pep where you actually need it for daily driving, low rpms. IMO how they drive is actually nicer for daily driving than a gas engined vehicle that you have to rev up higher to get power out of.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Yeah diesel engines are a different beast all together, it is too bad we do not have too many options for it here

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast