•  

Thread: A Canadian living in Turkey with a new 1.3 litre diesel 2012 Aveo LT

Thanks

A Canadian living in Turkey with a new 1.3 litre diesel 2012 Aveo LT

Hi Everyone, just joined the forum. Earlier tonight I picked up my new 2012 1.3 litre 75 hp diesel Aveo LT. I traded in my old Aveo, 1 year old, a 2nd generation automatic with only 7000 km's on it. I wanted the (in Turkey) 8 airbags as opposed to the 2 in the old one, and the diesel engine with start/stop as fuel is darn expensive here, unleaded costs more then euro diesel, and I need the mileage a diesel can give me. It's white, and only took it for a quick spin back from the dealer here in Izmir, Turkey. But I can say, the start/stop works great, a couple of times at traffic lights, put it in "eco" mode when I left the dealership, and when I put it into neutral at the lights, the engine stopped after about 10 seconds, and when I pushed the clutch in to go, it started up right away and away I went, great technology! Tomorrow I will go out and put a few miles on it to see how it goes. Great to join and get and share info on the Aveo, this being my 4th on, 2 back in Canada before moving here, and two here now.

Thanks
      Welcome to the forum Steve.

I really wish they at least gave us the choice of having more engines here in the US and Canada. I bet the mileage with the 1.3 diesel is really good.

Any chance you could snap us a few pictures of the car, and more specifically the engine bay?

Thanks
      Will do Daox. Just got back from the first real ride in it. My wife, sister-in-law and mother-in-law, and a trunk of luggage, etc to our summer home about 1 1/2 hours on highway from Izmir. There are large mountains on the 6 lane highway, had it humming at 140 km no problems, going up hills with great confidence as well. To the summer home to drop off stuff for later and back, 280 km, just two bars off the fuel tank guage, not even a quarter tank, and will only get better when broken in. Upon entering the city in the traffic, start/stop worked perfectly at the lights, soon as I put it into neutral, and foot on the brake, it shut down, and when the lights changed, back on the clutch, instant start and away I went. This is my fourth Aveo, but this being the new Aveo/Sonic, I am so impressed with it. I will take pics tomorrow and post for you to see. Thanks for the warm welcome!