•  
    Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Daug's 2008 aveo5 sv build thread.

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      While I lived in IA last year in the very fine city of Cedar Rapids, I too had a hit and run. Here is the story on my facebook page.
      Parking Lot Hit and Run | Facebook

I only regret not doing a video of the Biatch running her mouth out the window at me and the cops.

Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      Wow

Lol my build thread has gone way off topic. I don't care, I can always do some editing to clean it up later.
      http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

I'll keep it and add a turbo Weirdo_Joe's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Hi! I am very interested in what you did with the grounding kit! Did you buy the kit at an auto-part store? Hardware store? Can you direct me to some more information about this? I just started trying to fix up my recently acquired Aveo, and have no previous car experience... (But I have been researching cold air intake, and am ALMOST confident enough to try adding a Chrome Intakes model myself... but just about ANY modification to enhance power, accelleration, etc. I am looking into! =) Thanks for the pics... I'll reading up on this! =)

Thanks
      The kit I had was one I bought for a 1991 honda prelude, and never got around to installing it. All they are is a wire of atleast 8 gauge wire (don't quote me on that) with an eye hole on each end. The one I purchased also came with a plate to route the ground wires too, but that is not necessary and I did not use it.
      I purchase my kit from Ebay, and going that route is not expensive, or if you have a good place to buy several feet of wire and the ends and crimping tools, you could build the kit yourself. The price of these kits doesn't vary by much anymore, so do what you are comfortable with. If you go Ebay and don't find one for the aveo or compatible car, just find one that has the amount of wires you think you will need at the lengths you want. I don't know the specs on my kit or I would post them for you.
      2008 Aveo5 SV

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by daug1502 View Post
      Ok, here is the ground wire install I have done. It needs a little bit of cleaning up, but It's a start.

This was effectively A free mod, as I used wires from a grounding kit that I bought years ago and never installed.

First Wire I attached was the Alternator.

I used the power steering bracket because It was easiest to reach. This Is just a nut, and I put the ground behind the existing bracket. The wire is tucked in behind the fuel delivery wiring under and behind the plastic cover.

Next I ran a wire to the Block.

This is attached to a portion of the exhaust manifold, in front of a bracket that is pre-existing. I would have preferred behind, but that was not an option due to the size of my connector and the bracket itself.

Then I tied the 2 Engine Grounds to a third wire that made the travel to the Body Ground.

This was to make up the fact that my wire wouldn't quite reach all the way across the motor bay. The body ground cable came apart on my, and I had to re-crimp the wire end. This will be replaced in the future, but works fine for now.

Ran the battery connector wire and the engine ground wire under the fuse panel.

I used the existing body ground that attaches directly to the battery.

This connection pretty much doubles what I have for the ground running to the battery. I will update the cable end at a later date for a cleaner install.

In the future I might go ahead and ground the throttle body and the transmission, but those are not necessary, and I already have noticed that my throttle response and idle are greatly improved. I'm not sure about light dimming yet, But will find out as soon as possible.
      did you occure the egr conduct?its better, trust me

Thanks
      The what and where? I'm still a beginner with this stuff so if you could post a pic That would help, and I will certainly look. All my kit currently does is try to spread the ground around the motor evenly.
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Your EGR is just to the left of your connection in this picture. Its the metal cylinder that has a 4 wire plug on the top.

The bolt to use would be the one you see right between the EGR and the ignition coils you can see in the pic. Clean your surfaces and bolt it together.

Thanks
      Ohhh that would clean things up, I will do that next time i'm under the hood thanks for the tip.
      2008 Aveo5 SV

Thanks
      DeBadged my car err uhh yesterday.

I got a good bit of clean up to do before I snap pics. There are holes where the bow tie was, and a lot of glue that I need to work at. I'm thinking of just getting this all done by a body shop, I know I will need some paint from the hail damage that I still haven't heard from the insurance adjuster about. I might have some money left over as I am not going to worry as much about the hood or front fenders. I want to change the front clip at some point, so Why bother. That should help get the other things I want done to the car.

Oh and I looked at the egr valve bracket, that should be an easy move, and will look better as well as improve function so I am going to do it soon, I also need to get the oil changed. Wonder what Sunday's weather will be...

Just wanted to put an update out there.
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Sounds like you've been working hard. Which bowtie has the pins on it? I'm guessing the one from the hatch?

Sunday looks like it will be pretty nice for the most part. I'm going to try to finally get the replacement motor put in my roommate's car after a year of downtime.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast