•  
    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Road Racing in Little Cars

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Road Racing in Little Cars

COOL man. I checked on your ROTA 8's before I picked up my MOMO's... kinda' Spendy, but sounds well worth it. I think I'll eventually switch to a 15" Trak-lite wheel for track days. What swaybar you using? And bushing kit from who? Would like to add that setup. Reinforcing body twist would be good. Didn't feel it much, but what the F*, why not. Thinkin' about those R1 Concept front disks, but I don't want too much front brake without modifying the rear drum setup, could possibly add too much dive at hard braking. Congrads on having the balls to go AVEO RACING. We are few, and far between!
      QUICK NOTE: I AM REDLINING AT 6500. Checked it again, for ****z & giggles.

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Road Racing in Little Cars

Swaybar is stock. I ordered some black 17mm Polyurethane bushings from http://www.summitracing.com. They bolt right on, I suggest a ratcheting wrench, even with that it will take quite some time as there's not much room to work.

Part of the reason for stepping up on the Rotas, is they sell for the same price used as they do new. When I get rid of the Aveo, I can get my money back on the wheels.

For chassis stiffness, try driving a Mazdaspeed 3, or something that actually has a built chassis and you'll understand. Back to back driving with the Aveo and a Mazdaspeed Protege made it very noticeable.

Don't worry about brake bias by upgrading the fronts, it dives so much as it is, even with the H&R's that the backs are more likely to lock up than the fronts anyway. In fact when it was stock, the rear would lock before the fronts which made it a little dangerous. I don't have ABS btw, not sure if you do.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234