Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Road Racing in Little Cars

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by subachad
      Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      Quote Originally Posted by kirbycope
      if you pull the car all the way back until it start making a clicking sound and then let go, it'll really take off.
      wow your so funny...i wish i was as cool as you
      I laughed.

Unfortunately due to going to my best friends funeral next monday, I no longer have the money for the track day next month.
      Sorry to hear about your friend. We are here for you if you need us

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Thanks... crazy how life can be. A heart attack at 28. Autopsy reported an enlarged heart. Most likely from the injections he recieved after hurting his back in Iraq. After two months of daily injections he couldn't fight anymore and was discharged. 8 year old daughter and a 3 week old daughter too. His life has been a mess for a while, but recently he started "getting it together". I'm not looking forward to the trip

Thanks
      wow only 28

Thanks

Re: Road Racing in Little Cars

Quote Originally Posted by subachad
      I know these are not Aveos, but who knows, maybe I'll see about joining these ranks of road racing fits, yaris's, and Versas. I need to run a few more tracks in the Aveo to see how I compare time wise. So far I only have a time at Willow Springs of 1.51 which for a 100hp Aveo is not too bad. Unfortunately if I did run it in Time Trials, I would have to run TTF which happens to be the same class as my Mazdaspeed Protege. Difference is the MSP will get up to 130 on CA Speedway and 120 at Willow Springs, but the Aveo could only get up to 95 at willow. With boost, I would have a chance, but that takes away the whole economy aspect of running an Aveo in the first place.

http://www.turn3creative.com/versa.html

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/feat ... fit_spoon/
      i was just wondering what modification you had done to your aveo when you ran the 1.51 at willow springs

Thanks
      stock steelies with 195/60/14 azenis RT-615
      modified airbox. (opening enlarged to 2.5")
      no resonators (since have been replaced as the car sounded dumb)
      WRX muffler otherwise mostly stock piping
      full interior
      otherwise stock

Thanks
      ok cool i was jw because i finally found a Fit driver interest in comparing willow springs track times....he put down a time of 1:46 with an intake and strut bar.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      ok cool i was jw because i finally found a Fit driver interest in comparing willow springs track times....he put down a time of 1:46 with an intake and strut bar.
      That's pretty damn good. What tires and wheels was he using and also what springs? Most of the guys with timers in HPDE3 that day were only running around 1:45ish and they were in track prepared cars such as mustangs, bmw's, evos, etc.

Thanks
      he was running stock suspension and tires, he said he needs new tires now because he tore them up on the track

Thanks
      I don't know how I could have ran any faster. There were only a couple spots on the track where I would even be off throttle. Most of the time I just left my foot in and the turns slowed me down.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: Road Racing in Little Cars

I just received my road course racing certification @ PACIFIC RACEWAYS in Kent, Wa., and got my ass handed to me on the straight sections. For corners, I'm running the EIBACH PRO KIT springs, which is a huge improvement, but still rubbed quite a bit (TOYO T1R tire rub burnt a hole in the front right fender liner that you can put your fist through). I gave the Aveo the TRUE road test, and came to this conclusion... We need SWAY BARS and MORE MOTOR!! How's about a Poly-urethane bushing kit? That would help, also. Racing the Aveo has changed my opinions on 'Turbo'. I did not want to run 'Turbo', but after the beating I took from the likes of BMW, SAAB, Subaru, Mazda, a Ford Taurus(WTF?!), and yes, 2 full race built CRX's, a 'Turbo' is definitely needed.
      On a good note: I am proud to say that I am the FIRST in the history of Seattle International Raceways/ now PACIFIC RACEWAYS, to run an Aveo on the track, and it was noticed. My crew member told me it was one of THE cars everyone was talking about in the stands (besides the Subaru WRX that hit the wall). Whether good words spoken or bad, they couldn't believe it! Not bad getting noticed in a 40 car line-up.
      Some of you guys were talking of your straight section speeds, and I don't think I could get my top speed over 100 mph on a damn near 1/2 mile straight, 5th gear wide F'ing open before dynamiting the ABS system for the turn. Believe me, I tried. I just couldn't get it to go any faster. Does sound pretty cool when you know you're tapped out for power. It's a deep
      wah wah wah wah consistent humming. An "all clear for take-off" freeway run turned up the same results. Definitely TURBO time...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast