•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why I love and hate sub-compacts.

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Why I love and hate sub-compacts.

Since my ride only has about 250KM's I have been able to see the wind effect on this ride. But it's to expect with a little car. Heck, my wife's Hyundai Accent is the same...

Overall, so far I'm really enjoying the Aveo. It's great in the snow (trust me, we got the **** load last week), I love the sound system, for a base system, man it's not bad. Fuel economy, still in testing phase. I was able to pull 250KM's on half a tank. That includes getting half stuck in snow, (2 snow storms), spinning in the snow and the actual resistance 6" of snow gives while driving, starting the car for a warmup (5 mins) etc.

I'm laughing at a guy here that just bought a used Trailblazer! He spent $100 of gas in one weekend! LMAO!

2008 Aveo LS Sedan Manual - Flame Red
      Detailer at heart!

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

*bump for response to hater reviews.*

Since the hater reviews seem to be popping up quite a bit lately, i thought id just bump mine and let all the newbs see what an actual owner would write about their car and the responses of other owners.

Thank you.

(not trying to sound arrogant or above myself.)
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

DO post a pic. I'm curious.

Victor

. . . . another thing i love with aveo, especially the hatchback, is the interior room for such a small car. I can fit so much crap in there with the backseat in, but holycow once you take that seat out (which is fairly easy, just two bolts) you can fit all you need in there. an example of this is when i travel to my uncles house down the shore to do some detailing, i can fit all my equip i need in there including stepstolls, buckets, bins of supplies, vacuum cleaner and various other things. i will have to take a picture next time.

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks

my sedan has been bone stock since day#1. i commute with it everyday and on weekends it is also used by my wife Clara for daily errands. both of us are so greatful for the economy and easiness of the car. granted on windy days sometimes it can be a little adventurous to drive but overall it was worth the purchase. for the two of us to ride around in its perfect and a nice change from her Jeep Grand Cherokee, and my Chevy Suburban. if we need passenger room or to haul stuff, thats what the suv's are for. winters for me in the aveo have never stopped me from getting anywhere. if the storm is really bad and an immense amount of snow, then i'm in the Suburban battle cruiser.
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyber3d

Victor

. . . . another thing i love with aveo, especially the hatchback, is the interior room for such a small car. I can fit so much crap in there with the backseat in, but holycow once you take that seat out (which is fairly easy, just two bolts) you can fit all you need in there. an example of this is when i travel to my uncles house down the shore to do some detailing, i can fit all my equip i need in there including stepstolls, buckets, bins of supplies, vacuum cleaner and various other things. i will have to take a picture next time.
      well your in luck i just happen to be going down his place this thurs so I will take a picture...with or without the seat in?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Like I said in another post, I love my car.
      We use it for everything, the Blazer sits around twiddling its thumbs because the gas mileage on it sucks.
      Roll up the seats in the back, you have some pretty good room back there (I have the hatchback, love it!)
      Tight turning radius. Great on these roads.
      I can fit in parking spots people with their big Hummers and Escalades can't :P
      Oddly enough, this car rides almost like a mini-van. I'm short, so when I had the Dodge Neon, I had to sit on a pillow (don't laugh) to be able to see the road.

Sure she could use a little more get up and go, but that's all right, she does pretty well.
      The stock stereo sucks for me though. The Neon had a great sound system I have to admit, lots of bass.

As for being blown around, true. But driving the Blazer I would feel it too.
      I don't think lowering my Aveo would be an option for me. I live in the Poconos and when it snows, it snows.

The vulnerability factor, well I'll tell ya, big trucks on I-80 and I-81 are intimidating yes. Can you imagine driving one of those Smart Cars? Even a Mini-Cooper. Aveo's are big hulking tanks compared to those

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

I have a blast with my aveo in the snow. this winter wil be thefirst time i drive it on lowering springs. not sure what to expect.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks

didnt someone say that lowered springs in the snow is like having a plow on your front end?
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Without seats!

cool.

Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      Quote Originally Posted by cyber3d

Victor

well your in luck i just happen to be going down his place this thurs so I will take a picture...with or without the seat in?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12