•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other tuner drivers

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Other tuner drivers

This is not an assault on SRT-4 owners.

I was at the gas station the other day getting gasoline for the lawn mowers. I had just placed the gas ans in my car when an srt 4 pulled in. I checked it out as i have recently taken a liking to them. I think they sound incredible out of the box and only get better when they are modified. Anyway, he approaches the only open pump from the wrong direction and has to turn around. This is where I figured out he is either very inexperienced with driving a stick, or a young kid driving this thing. As he attempts to go in reverse he starts revving very high and is not really moving or fully engaging the clutch. Went something like this: vrrroooomm vvvvrrrooooooomm vroooooooooommmm vroo-vroo-vrooo-vrrroooooooommmmm-vrrrooooooooooommmmmmmm-you get the idea. I chuckled to myself thinking that his clutch has to be glazed like a mofo. The possibility his clutch was slipping lingered in my mind but when I got into my car after he had parked, I saw as he was getting out that it was a young skinny kid, maybe 17 or 18 y.o. I rolled my windows down, started my car, and proceded to pull out. The only way out was to go past him as there was a car behind me waiting to pull into my spot. As I scooted past him I suddenly hear him yell out, "WEAK!" I slammed the breaks and looked at him in my mirror, he was just staring. I undid my seat belt, looked at him again in my mirror and his face said it all. The kid looked like he had just ****ted himself. I thought, "well thats good enough for me I guess." I put the e-brake down, put my car in gear and rolled off. If I ever see him again, and he disrespects me like that again, I may not just pull off like that again. I am not afraid to get out and throw down with a mother f*cker.

The point I am trying to make is this: Just because you think you have a nicer car than someone else, doesnt mean that you can go around disrespecting that person. It doesnt make you better. In fact, it totally brings down the whole spirit of driving and modifiying cars. So, just because you think you have a nice car, does not make you better than Joe Blow driving around in his Chevadodgeaford Hooptie or whatever. There is always someone else who has something better or faster or does this or that.

/end rant.

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Other tuner drivers

I hate 98% of srt-4 drivers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aveodude
      I hate 98% of srt-4 drivers.
      what makes that statement funny is if i remember correct u own one lol. like i said, im not bashing them in general but this kid truly did not deserve that car.

Thanks

I do. But the vast majority of them are dumb as ****. It is nice that the car was the best performance bargain of the past 10 years. But that was also the problem with it. Because the car was so cheap, high school kids bought them, acted like fools, and crashed them. Thanks to those ****s, the SRT-4 is the 3rd highest car to insure.

Chances are he is a noob when it comes to driving a stick and figures it is easier to ride it alot then actually learn to do it right.

Thanks

wow, didnt know it was high as hell to insure... I wasnt bashin ya btw, nor was i bashing other srt-4 drivers, but i seriously hope this kid gets raped by a guy named bubba someday There was absolutely no warrant for him to try and start ****. oh well, like i said, his face was priceless. i should have taken a pic. damn, my cam was right next to me too.

Thanks

Thanks

I almost bought a malibu cus the dealer told me it was cheap to insure. in the long run, im glad i didnt.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Guys that buy those cars are like the guys who bought the Ford Capri way back when. Anyone here old enough to remember the Capri?

Story Preface: Don't do what I have done! A while ago (back in L.A.) a Camaro didn't like my slow take off on green so he flipped my the finger. I stopped in the next lane at the red light, got out of my truck, opened his passenger door and stuck my ugly head in and said: "Next time you give the finger you'd better be careful. The next guy might be a biker that's having a bad day." He freaked - I tried to grab him by the neck but he stepped on it and I got out just in time. Probably pee'd in his pants. I'm sure he never gave the finger again! But, that was in L.A. I'm in "Sweet Seattle" now.

Victor

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      This is not an assault on SRT-4 owners.

The point I am trying to make is this: Just because you think you have a nicer car than someone else, doesnt mean that you can go around disrespecting that person. It doesnt make you better. In fact, it totally brings down the whole spirit of driving and modifiying cars. So, just because you think you have a nice car, does not make you better than Joe Blow driving around in his Chevadodgeaford Hooptie or whatever. There is always someone else who has something better or faster or does this or that.

Well said.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenne

Well said.
      Thank ya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast