Recently i drove past the gas station and the sign read that gas was $3.45/gallon. Thats about a 20 cent hike from yesterday. No joke. So then as I drove by I began to think, "and this is why I love my sub-compact(sc)." The fuel mileage is great, I mean at speeds of 80 mph, gets better gas mileage than some v-6s at 60. And v-8s, well they are gettin better with the 4 cylinder shutdown at hwy speeds but its still not that great. I also love my cars size because it makes parking in tight squeezes alot nicer. Sometimes at school, because the parking is so crowded, i look for the spaces where someone didnt park right and they are in the other space a bit, just so i can squeeze the Aveo in. 1, I thinks it kind of funny and 2, I get to class on time. Even tho my sc is small, it still has lots of interior space and doesnt leave me feeling crowded. I sometimes get that crowded feeling in bigger sedans and I am just like WTF? My sc also is pretty spunky for what it is. Its not quick from a stop, but its not bad on a roll. Of course Im not saying i can contend with v-8s but it keeps me from getting run over in traffic. Another thing I would like to add is the fact that our sc is very easy to work on.

On the other side, there are some things I do not like about my sc. I do sometimes feel more vulnerable, like if i get hit by anything bigger than a Civic sedan, I am done for. Another thing I dislike about my sc is that it gets blown around badly on the highway on nice breezy days. I find this to be an annoyance on days Im in a hurry, because I cant do over 60 without the fear of flipping over or being drifted into someone elses lane. Another thing I dislike is the fact that when I get someone else riding in my car, it gets doggy. I also dislike the fact that my sc feels like its not very solid. You know, it feels like I would be safer driving a tin can.

Of course with all the negatives I have listed, there are reasons for them like the car is very light weight and designed for economy. But it doesnt mean I cant dislike them. Of course overall, I love my sc. I wouldnt trade it for any other sc out there. I do think that all the different cars out there have there place. Even the unecessary exotics and so forth. And of course me writing this is kinda of a general summarization of things already said but I dont care. Just wanted to write something.

Have a good day folks!