•  

Thread: Turbo

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Turbo

I have a 08 aveo sedan and i want more power but i'm confused with a lot of stuff. I know if i want to turbo my car i have to create the parts but would i have to get a new fuel mapping? The engine is a 1.6l but it isn't the ecotech. Is there a turbo from another car i could put in it? Any help is aprreciated.

Thanks
      Welcome to the site.

You can put anything you want in the car, everything will have to be custom. Nothing drops right in. If you do turbo the 1.6L you will definitely need to get it retuned so you don't blow anything up.

Thanks
      I'm only 17 so the car world is pretty new to me, what kind of turbo should i get? is it an easy or very complicated procedure to put one in?

Still love my daily driver Pickles's Avatar
      Thanks
      A turbo isnt the answer if you are an inexperienced 17 year old (no offense meant, just stating facts). It will become a money pit when you drive it too aggressively and then blow your head gaskets, or when you need new brake pads every 5 days because you are gunning it from every red light. Trust me, I was 17 once as well, and this was the result http://imageshack.us/a/img818/5537/1226011145.jpg

Mind you, I still am not anywhere close to "old", but in the past 3 years i have matured enough to know how to drive like a civil human being.

Anyways, to wrap this up, keep the aveo stock. It will be incredibly reliable and quick enough for all your needs ( i would hope). There are small modifications you can do to improve stock HP/torque without compromising reliability. Start with the intake. Then do the exhaust. Then maybe new plugs+wires. Little stuff that adds up

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      All that advice and then some more...I AM SO GLAD that I had a under powered 1972 beetle. Before doing mods to the car, have good measurement/instrumentation. OK, are you getting 32 MPG
      highway? Less/More? Performance is just more than going fast (we all like to go fast) being efficient is part of the equation. So go buy a scan gauge. Doax has the info on those and maybe have some for sale.

This should be your first mod to the car: ScanGaugeII : Linear Logic - Home of the ScanGauge
      OK let me repeat that, this should be your first mod! Maybe a better radio after that....Leave the car stock for now and learning how to drive to get the best MPG is challenging.
      Last edited by xintersecty; 09-27-2012 at 02:08 AM. Reason: correction
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

Still love my daily driver Pickles's Avatar
      Thanks
      ^i think you mean MPG lol. Sorry it just kinda bothered me. Also, one more thing to add. If this is your only vehicle then you would definitely not want to turbo it. Takes quite some time to do it, car would be off the road for a couple days, plus any problems you run into down the line would take the car off the road

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      corrected, thanks!
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

Thanks
      I don't want a turbo to go 100mph down the road, the main reason is because I'm intersted in going for mecanic and all I want to do is work on my car, I don't have to use the car everyday. I'm also trying to find out what the little things are to add power, all that i could really find was the air intake, exhaust and like you mentioned the plugs and wires.

Xintersecty I was looking at a Watch Dog by bully dog that6 will do the same

Thanks
      hey guys im new to this forum thing but anyway ive got a 05 chevy aveo that im trying to customize n ive been looking a air intake. any help would do n also what kind of exhaust system i should put in n dont want anything like those honda exhaust system that they have ( no offense for any honda drivers) just saying.