•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo Kit

Turbo Kit

I had a few PM's from guys interested in getting some stuff from the supplier that makes cast turbo manifolds for the 2.0L and 1.6L.

Here is there standard kit..

Turbo iron cast X16XE manifold
      -Oil flange pipe for bolt in turbocharger(oil-out system)
      -Oil flange nipple for bolt in turbocharger(oil-in system)
      -T2 series Turbocharger with internal wastegate
      -Braided pipe for oil
      -Niple for oil feed in oil pump
      -Oi metal pipe for weld in sump(for alloy sump):
      -Oil return hose for connect oil pipe of turbo to oil pipe of sump
      -Elbow flange
      -Commom dump valve nice sound and visual:
      -Special AFPR

The whole kit is under $2000 USD.... I won't know for sure until postage, customs, duties are paid for.

The small T2 setup is rated for 200bhp..... but there are multiple options such as an upgrade to a T25 (which should be good for 12 to 15 psi on the 1.6L )

Also.... they have forged pistons for the 2.0L and 1.6L.

They are custom machined from forged blanks upon order so they can make any compression you want.

Cost is somewhere around $650 to $700 .... again... it depends on the cost of shipping it from half way around the world plus customs and duties.

The manifold itself seems to be a T25 type flange.... I thought it was a T3 but I must have been mistaken.... the cost of the manifold by itself is probably around $350 to $400

Again.... I have allready made my order.... the money has been transfered so now it's just a matter of time before he has my custom forged pistons machined.... plus Tom is getting a custom tubular manifold for his project.... I'm guessing there is a window of a few weeks.... hard to say.

Email me at Precisionboost@shaw.ca if your interested.

Keep in mind it might be a year or more before another order is placed and shipping single items is a killer.

Odds are the price of a manifold would double if sent separately... the only way to keep it reasonable is to buy several thousand dollars worth of stuff at one time.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      wow, going big

Thanks
      I'm interested. How much for the whole kit shipped to 78216...my second job = turbo fund. Also..what would it take to go with a T4 setup. What internal upgrades can I get?
      2006 Chevy Aveo LS Hatchback - getting sold soon
      1996 Dodge Grand Caravan - The daily mommy shuttle
      1998 Lexus SC400
      1988 Toyota Supra - fully built JDM 7MGTE T40 Turbo

i think that post was originally by Precisionboost on the old forums, i dont know if he is even going to come to the new forums.
      i think your best bet is to buy all the parts yourself, it will be cheaper then a kit and its more tailored to what you want. i'm gonna pick up a t3 turbo, 38mm wastegate(the manifold i bought has an external wastegate flange) piping and intercooler and i'll have the entire kit for under a grand.

its the engine managment that is in uncharted waters, i'm just gonna set the wastegate to 1 or 2 psi, and start from there. of course i'll be monitoring the engine with a few gauges( boost, egt, oil temp and oil pressure) and i might also wire up a SAF-C, but i'm not sure how effective it is on a aveo ecu.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewsvt03
      i think that post was originally by Precisionboost on the old forums, i dont know if he is even going to come to the new forums.
      i think your best bet is to buy all the parts yourself, it will be cheaper then a kit and its more tailored to what you want. i'm gonna pick up a t3 turbo, 38mm wastegate(the manifold i bought has an external wastegate flange) piping and intercooler and i'll have the entire kit for under a grand.

its the engine managment that is in uncharted waters, i'm just gonna set the wastegate to 1 or 2 psi, and start from there. of course i'll be monitoring the engine with a few gauges( boost, egt, oil temp and oil pressure) and i might also wire up a SAF-C, but i'm not sure how effective it is on a aveo ecu.

So that list would be a good place to start from then. Thanks
      1998 Lexus SC400

Precisionboost is also on Daewootech.com, he has an Optra not an Aveo but he seems pretty connected.

There are several turbo'd Lanos's. Look in the "Forced Induction" desction of DaewooTech and you'll see a couple.

I'm really suprised at how much info you all don't know but is chilling out at DT.

For example, D series Hondas (the sohc Hondas) share basically the same manifold dimensions on both sides of the head. There is a member of DaewooTech with a 1.6L just like the one in the Aveo running a Honda manifold...

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/album_p ... ic_id=1191

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      ive alway told people who say they cant find a turbo header to use the d16 header because it fits fine with some modifications...thats what i was planning to use on my turbo project and they were dirty cheap online

on a side note are there any turbo lanos with some dyno numbers? the best write up i could find was domwoos but his sticky thread has just stopped with no numbers

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      ive alway told people who say they cant find a turbo header to use the d16 header because it fits fine with some modifications...thats what i was planning to use on my turbo project and they were dirty cheap online

on a side note are there any turbo lanos with some dyno numbers? the best write up i could find was domwoos but his sticky thread has just stopped with no numbers

What kind of modifications does it need? I've found a bunch for a good price.
      1998 Lexus SC400

arent the ports different on the aveo versus the lanos? i recall reading that the intake ports are different, which is why we cant swap out the plastic intake on the aveo for the cast one on the lanos. i'm not sure about exhaust ports.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast