•  
    Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Is the Honda Fit that good?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Is the Honda Fit that good?

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      so say a corner hit in a parking lot right on the headlight the crease or cracked those three parts and pushed the hood over to crack the other headlight. and its going to be $1600 in parts. so a light parking lot hit by an suv costs $5200...
      This is almost exactly what happened... minus the other headlight cracking... And whatever hit the car was low enough to where it didn't hit the airbag sensor, so those were intact too. Here in WA there is a very high number with cars with "totatled" title with only minor damage...

2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRHqxTzaAfg

^Did a specific Honda Fit search. Pretty funny, PRabbit-I think you may find humor in it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4JIl15YVbc Pretty funny too, I like at the end when the honda boy calls the mutang guy a ricer!
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

edited

Thanks

oohhh c'mon, don't get into an argument over a cars reliability between a car that is neither a true gm or a honda.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AveoRob
      Do the math means that if I buy a honda I have a 100% chance of getting a reliable car.
      If I buy a GM I have a 44% chance of getting a reliable car.
      And where do you get these statistics from? And I'm sorry , but 100% chance of getting a reliable car? EVERY car has a chance to brake down or fail, honda or otherwise. Yes, they did build a good reputation, and many people in my family drive Hondas. And with GM... you're getting a Daewoo when you're getting an Aveo....

And saying a salvage or rebuilt title means nothing, sorry, I disagree. Heck carfax had made an industry of reporting even minor accidents.
      Rabbit never said that it means nothing, he just said that it matters a lot less than what people make of it. And Carfax is making a big deal from it because that's their money, that's what they sell to you... it has to sound important when it comes from them. You know ho many cars are at the dealer lots sitting there with only a few hundred miles and a "clean title" only because when someone buys it, takes it out and crashes it the second day, dealer trades them, keeps the car, takes it to the shop and never reports it??? I've been around body shops and the industry for a bit, and let me tell you, clean title doesn't mean jack a lot of times... especially a "clean" report by carfax. Many people go without talking to their insurance about the accident. You would be driving your brand new Honda Fit/Civic/CR-V from a dealer or "one owner, well taken care of" when it's already been to a body shop a time or two. And because of that popularity and reliability with general public, fixing the damage without reporting it and then selling it at a price of a clean title is very popular with less-than-reputable shops...

So go ahead, trust the reports... They're always true and correct. They never lie, just like the internet...

And how about the reports of great gas mileage in the Fit just to find out that the MPG gauge is %13 optimistic? And many reports based their facts on that MPG gauge...

I speak of the general public and the real world, your retorts are based on your opinion or your experience. The reality is when it is time to buy a car, this is what people are looking at, reliability, no accidents.
      Like I said above, reliability - a good chance of it, no accidents - more accurately, no reported accidents. And like you said, that's what general public looks at, so the Carfax people just found a way to sell you something you're going to rely on.

And while we're at it, you know how many Hondas have been "de-modified" to be sold as stock and well taken care of?... But that's a totally different discussion.

And mikedudley is right, all this is not worth an argument.

Thanks

edited

Thanks

edited

Thanks

you better be careful, the govt might be watching what you type... Or them big corporations, you know, conspiracy and all

nobody is blaming anybody for follies, I mean wtf? Really? This does keep getting better tho!

it's an internet forum, not a white house presidential dinner where we need to make sure you use the right salad fork for the salad, relax.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HondaRob

Here:
      Avoid salvage-title cars. There are too many solid used cars out there that have not been declared irreparable by an insurance company to bother with salvage titles. Why take the risk?
      Well, I took the risk because I knew the mechanic personally that fixed it. Plus I inspected it myself and it was to my liking... But the biggest reason is because I saved about $4,000 on it off of non-salvaged one... that's why I took the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by HondaRob
      Obviously no matter what evidence or information I put forth here, it will be discredited.That is fine.
      You can find a piece of information to back up almost any kind of theory or thing... And I personally think it's just funny how spooled up you get over an internet discussion.

And just so we're on the same page:

* Honda Fit is a better quality built car that you pay more money for. Aveo is cheaper quality so it is cheaper... You get what you pay for.
      *Salvage titled cars are a riskier buy sometimes, but you can save quite a bit of money, just like you can loose money on it...
      *to some people carfax and consumer reports matter more than to others...
      *everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I'm done contributing to this madness, at least for now...

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

But you still have an aveo and are disgracing your family and all other honda fanboys, not everyone ''loves a honda". You are a fine example of a honda boy. Every car has problems, but apparently, Hondas never have any problems as you have again implied, but they do. You say I bought the Aveo to use it as a race car? I guess anyone who has bought an aveo to use it as a DD and sometimes on the track are stupid and immature too, people like Nemasys and one_man_jam too? Tell that to them buddy. We all know what these cars are, but its understandable you would get confused, every Honda is a race car as depicted on every honda fourm I have seen. You need to get rid of your Aveo, it will break down every 5000 miles, and buy a Honda, they never have a single defect of any such thing.

I didnt intend on getting trolled by aveorob, lock this thing please [-o<

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast