•  
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: having problems with dlspeed

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: having problems with dlspeed

Ok, I'm happy! It was like Christmas today! My new Magnacore wires finally arrived for the Aveo! Going to install them tomorrow!

Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

one_man_jam, that'll work. replied to your PM.

NYChevoo, yay! Sorry it took so long to get those out to you.
      -- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

So it's been almost 2 months now and still no springs. I was told they were shipped a month ago but said he didn't have a tracking number. 2 sent e-mails, 0 replies...kinda pissing me off. I would get them from someplace else but I can just imagine how hard it would be to get my money back from them.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

I am not aware that you ordered a set. The 2 sets are the only ones we have on file as being ordered.
      -- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 07_aveo
      So it's been almost 2 months now and still no springs. I was told they were shipped a month ago but said he didn't have a tracking number. 2 sent e-mails, 0 replies...kinda pissing me off. I would get them from someplace else but I can just imagine how hard it would be to get my money back from them.
      Provide a reciept and I bet it'll get fixed fast because 2 months is nutso

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Do not purchase from DLSpeed. Items paid for and never recieved. Scam

Quote Originally Posted by NYChevoo View Post
      hey guys,
      just wanted to alert you all as to a problem i'm having with dlspeed online. back at the end of february i finally got up the courage to order a set of magnacore wires from xtreme2. so i waited and 2 weeks into march went by, then i finally contacted him, and about week later, after i posted her on the forums, and called his store number i finally got a reply from him stating that they were on "backorder". i can understand that, it happens. so march slipped by and now we're two weeks into april, i called a few times, no response. he's charged my credit card, has my money, and i still have no magnacore wires. i decided to call magnacore corp. directly, and spoke with steve, in vendor services and explained my problem. he said there is no backorder,and they are in fact "in stock" so steve doesnt understand why xtreme2 is telling me they are on backorder. they are consdidering banning him from selling their products. has this ever happened to anyone else? i placed another call to xtreme2 today stating my conversation with steve, and that i was prepared to go legal routes with this unless my wires were sent.
      Do not purchase anything from DLSpeedonline. I purchased items from Lee Ament at DLSpeedonline and never recieved them. I requested a refund and haven't heard back since. This is a Scam.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Holy cow I forgot about this place, I think they left the site, we have not heard from them in a long time. You can call your bank/credit card place and you should be able to get a refund that way, but you pretty much just put a $100 bill in a old vending machine that only takes money and have no way of getting it back out...easily (bad analogy )

Did you talk to them at all?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by thehunterooo View Post
      Holy cow I forgot about this place, I think they left the site, we have not heard from them in a long time. You can call your bank/credit card place and you should be able to get a refund that way, but you pretty much just put a $100 bill in a old vending machine that only takes money and have no way of getting it back out...easily (bad analogy )

Did you talk to them at all?
      I emailed Lee a few times and was told that I'll have it real soon, but that was in April. I asked for a refund and haven't heard back, don't expect to either! It's going to end up costing them far more than the 134$ I sent to them. I'm going to make sure that everyone possible knows about it. Nothing worse than trusting someone and getting a raw deal, and be ignored!
      Last edited by drennan; 06-01-2012 at 03:29 AM.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      I can not believe that, good information for other users, thank you for letting us know.

How did you pay? I know paypal would cover it and give your money back easily.

Welcome to the forums btw, do you have an Aveo (and how did you find this thread, it is old ;D)?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by thehunterooo View Post
      I can not believe that, good information for other users, thank you for letting us know.

How did you pay? I know paypal would cover it and give your money back easily.

Welcome to the forums btw, do you have an Aveo (and how did you find this thread, it is old ;D)?
      Thank you, and yes, I have a 2004, but it's been waiting for a new motor, almost 1 1/2 years now. Hope to get it going this fall, once work slows up a little. I'm not really sure what happened to it. Was working great, didn't take much fuel, no smoke, then one day while driving along, the motor quit! I was told by the garage it was towed to that the timing belt broke or slipped, and damaged the valves. I was looking to see if anyone here has had the same problem, and thought of maybe just finding a used engine rather than try and solve a mystery,,,,,,,, but then I remembered my last attempt at buying parts on-line!!! I checked to see if there was a 'buyer beware' list, and figured I'd see about the place I purchased from as well. I must say, if I had spotted the post sooner, I'd be over 100$ ahead right now! I know it's an old post, but even if only one person reads this before losing money, it's worth my time.

I paid DLSpeed Sales by paypal, probably too long ago now, and even if they did refund me, the issue is that others may have to waste time trying to get their money back, if nothing is said. I expect more from my money than just delays, empty promises, wasted time and then the feeling that somebody has intentionally pulled a fast one! I'd hate to see it happen to someone else just because I didn't take the time to mention it.

Last edited by drennan; 06-01-2012 at 03:31 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast