•  

Thread: Fitting a Fumoto valve

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Fitting a Fumoto valve

Originally posted by genie47

This is a no brainer. If you like to do your own oil changes but don't like the hassle of a torque wrench. This "mod" is very highly recommended.

Go to http://www.fumotovalve.com and order the F106 valve that fits Daewoos. If you like one with a nipple to connect tubing to it, order the F106-N.

It will arrive in a few days time. It comes with the fibre washer. Do not remove the fibre washer..

In your next oil change, remove the sump plug. Drain the oil. Before filling the crankcase with new oil, screw the Fumoto on instead of the sump plug with its crush washer. There is no need to torque it but if you must, torque it to 26ft-lbs. Most likely the tap/switch will face upwards.

Make sure it is CLOSED before pouring in the new oil. It happened to me once when I forgot to close it creating a fine oily mess. Those using regular sump plugs do face this problem as well.

There you have it. An oil "tap" to make oil changes easier.

Quote Originally Posted by thebarber
      if you cant take a joke, dont be one.
      Quote Originally Posted by y2daniel1981
      ah yes... the ricer scale.
      1 ricer = 3 vin diesel
      1 vin diesel = 2 paul walker
      4 paul walker = 1hp

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Dang, I wish I could get one of those for my car, my mechanic would really appreciate it.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

WARNING WARNING WARNING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is a friendly warning a fumoto valve cost me a $5000 motor + work at Mosport a tiny rock hit the valve and drained the oil on the track which of course within minutes seized the motor and awarded me an ass load of fines from the track officials (which i didnt have to pay) thank god but anyway a friendly warning about them have fun and keep the tires spinnin
      FASTEST AVEO IN ONTARIO

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: WARNING WARNING WARNING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aveo_Tuner
      this is a friendly warning a fumoto valve cost me a $5000 motor + work at Mosport a tiny rock hit the valve and drained the oil on the track which of course within minutes seized the motor and awarded me an ass load of fines from the track officials (which i didnt have to pay) thank god but anyway a friendly warning about them have fun and keep the tires spinnin
      bummage!

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.