•  
    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: City Lights

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: City Lights

i wish tail lights were on with DRLs. DRLs is the worst thing i think you could put on a car, at night so many people around here drive with only the DRLs on, which means high beam in front, and no taillights
      so when they are on the highway, you don't see them on your approach, and then after you pass them you cant see behind you..

And it supposed to be a "safety" feature..

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

I don't think DRLs are high beam output. Matter of fact, I think the output is less than low beam because of a resistor. On another note, good thing expresso cleared up the misinformation here All this time I thought those were city lights. how dumb could I have been

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

whether the beam is full strength or not, its aimed at my mirrors which is annoying.

and its bright enough those jackasses can see at night?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      whether the beam is full strength or not, its aimed at my mirrors which is annoying.

and its bright enough those jackasses can see at night?
      I am not sure how the do not realize the lights are off because the dash lights aren't on with the DRLs, so they would be ridin blind, anyways, it's good for running from the coppers at night, you can see and they can't see you....I digress

Thanks

If you have the parking lights clicked on- you can have the dash lights on and be fooled into thinking you have your regular lights on 'till you get to a really dark stretch of road.
      At least in this case, your tail lights are on.

I hear ya though...I find them irritating when there shining at me just right.

The only car I had that someone turned into and said they didnt see it, was my old Cavalier with DRL's.

I did the disconnect on this on my aveo and am happy with that. And my "Boonies lights"

The bit that I used, may have pulled passed the rubber tube, it really pulled into the plastic.....I'd stick with a cone bit. I used a dremel on mine and it worked good after the whole lens debacle.

Thanks
      Managed to get my 194 sockets spliced in and my holes drilled and cut for the "Non city lights". Thanks for the tips, I started with a pilot hole then used the cone bit and managed to drill both light housings without any problems. Now I need to wait for my new LED bulbs I bought on ebay.

Thanks
      Finally got my LED bulbs today I managed to get them in without too big a hassle.Note: Do not drop bulbs in your parking lites, hard to remove. I took this at dusk, then had a little fun with photo shop. The car is silver, looks blue in this shot. The pics dont quite do it justice either, the LED "City Lights" are bright white. And the LED 1157's make my parking lights super yellow compared to the amber they used to be. Now I think I eed to get resisters to settle down my hyper turn signals. Has anyone done this? (The resisters that is)

I'll keep it and add a turbo Pontiac1976's Avatar
      Thanks
      You can try what I did check out my cardomain page for the relay info and pic's

PONTIAC1976

PONTIAC
      The Mark of a Great Car
      PONTIAC
      The Mark of a Great Car

This new set up is Messed up! at CarDomain. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3101276

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234