•  
    Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Aveo Factory Service Manual

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 2010AveoLT View Post
      uh Jackie, that is for the Owner's Manual; the Manual WE seek is the Same one that is used by the Technicians at GM Dealerships across the Nation, because unfortunately, a LOT of the Aveos here on this Forum are Out of Warranty, or if they are under Warranty, the Warranty doesn't cover the part that is broken as what it is in my case. (which if you have an Electrical Problem after the 3/36 warranty expires; you are Pretty much at the Mercy of the Dealership and the Exorbant prices they wish to charge.) to fix whatever is wrong with my Aveo; it will likely cost me $300-500 Dollars at my Dealership because of the Price of Diagnosis (my Dealership charges $88 JUST FOR THEM TO HOOK IT UP TO THEIR TECH 2 AND LOOK AT IT!), the Insane Prices of the Parts ($250 FOR AN OXYGEN SENSOR), and whatever Snake Oil Procedure that they "Think" my Aveo "Needs" so they can drive up the Cost of Labor.
      Jackie probably knows that - but as a loyal GM employee (one who is very low on the ladder of the huge GM corporate pecking order) she only repeats what the administration at Government Motors expects her to say.

She's here because she was sent here as a public relations rep for GM: to 'reach out' to us and remind us in soothing words how much GM cares about us.

But you and I and probably most of us are here for a different purpose - because we own and maintain our Aveos ourselves.

So where do we find the service manual?

I'll keep it and add a turbo Aveo5_boy's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by gothstone View Post
      90% of what we need is covered by Chiltons. Sign up for a free account on Autozone.com , add your car, and go to repair guides. Its pretty much the whole Chiltons for free. If you want better access, ask your local library if they subscribe to chiltonlibrary.com . Assuming they do you should be able to access it from home, and its a lot better interface than the autozone guides. If you really need the factory service manual, this guy CHEVROLET AVEO 2002-2006 Factory Service Repair Manual - Download M... sells a pdf set for $11 . Most of it looks ok, though I found an incorrect torque value.

I used my sons library card and have access to the free online Chilton's manuals which cover the Aveo's up to 2009.

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Aveo5_boy View Post
      I used my sons library card and have access to the free online Chilton's manuals which cover the Aveo's up to 2009.
      Chilton's is an aftermarket publication that covers most of the things a DIY mechanic might want to know. But it doesn't provide detailed information such as electrical schematics, etc. Only the official OEM service manual provides that. It used to be that the OEM service manual for any vehicle was available from the manufacturer, but at a hefty price. I would expect the price of one is now beyond hefty - it's probably exorbitant.

So what is the current price for the factory service manual for an Aveo? Or is the 'real McCoy' service manual now unavailable for the general public to purchase?

Let's see if Jackie, the GM rep, can provide us with this information...

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post
      Chilton's is an aftermarket publication that covers most of the things a DIY mechanic might want to know. But it doesn't provide detailed information such as electrical schematics, etc. Only the official OEM service manual provides that. It used to be that the OEM service manual for any vehicle was available from the manufacturer, but at a hefty price. I would expect the price of one is now beyond hefty - it's probably exorbitant.

So what is the current price for the factory service manual for an Aveo? Or is the 'real McCoy' service manual now unavailable for the general public to purchase?

Let's see if Jackie, the GM rep, can provide us with this information...
      I just checked Helm Inc's Website, and the Service Manual sets for ALL Years is $200. and knowing the GM Customer Service Reps, their "Canned" Response will be to PM them with your Name and VIN, and to check your Local Dealer.

Thanks
      Easy on the customer service fellas. They are here to help with what they can. I think its probably pretty obvious that they aren't just going to give away service manuals.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I need the wiing information for an aveo 07. the brake lights stoped working and the shifter doesn't come out of part. I replaced the brake switch and still nothing. I suspect I disconnedted a cable but be darned if I know where! Can you help me fnd the wiring info so I know what to do?
      Thanks
      esidney

Thanks
      Wolfman - Do you by chance have the service manual for a 2008 Chevy Aveo? If so, I would greatly appreciate you sharing it with me.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      For what it's worth, I've been using an online service manual. A 4 year subscription is 40 bucks. Might be US only though.

https://www.eautorepair.net/

Thanks
      So does anyone still have the pdf for the service manuals they could send me at mayford5@gmail.com ?

Thank you either way
      Andrew

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mayford5 View Post
      So does anyone still have the pdf for the service manuals they could send me at <e-mail> ?

Thank you either way
      Andrew
      Which Aveo do you have? I have two different manuals that apply to the 07-10 models, one is a series of PDFs, another is an html setup that is also for the 2nd gen models. If anyone is interested in them I'll rar them and throw them on Mega or something since the HTML file is just shy of 2 GB (After I ripped out every language but English, there were others that I have the original files hanging around still), while the PDF set is just shy of 100 MB.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast