•  
    Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Aveo Factory Service Manual

fbc
      Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by NolaGal View Post
      I went to the Helm site and found the service manual for my car - for $200! I eventually may fork it over, though. Do y'all think it would be worth it? Helm Incorporated: Search Results
      Yeah for sure. I'd love to have it.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Holy guacamole! I went to the Helm site and found the service manual for my car - for $200! I eventually may fork it over, though. Do y'all think it would be worth it? http://www.helminc.com/helm/result.asp?Style=helm Thanks for posting the link, Vanessa.

I wish I could just get a Haynes manual like I had for my old Honda. I bought the Chilton's online membership, but so far I'm less than impressed with the available information. I've found better info here on this forum

---Val

Hi Val, I was not aware that some SM manuals cost that much. I would guess because of the technical information they contain. That's nearly the cost of a monthly payment! Hope you find the information free or at a lower cost. Good luck! Please feel free to private message me or post if you have additional questions about Aveo.

Vanessa
      GM Customer Service
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

What's wrong with my car? NolaGal's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Chevy Customer Svc View Post
      Hi Val, I was not aware that some SM manuals cost that much. I would guess because of the technical information they contain. That's nearly the cost of a monthly payment! Hope you find the information free or at a lower cost. Good luck! Please feel free to private message me or post if you have additional questions about Aveo.

Vanessa
      GM Customer Service
      Thanks again, Vanessa. It's nice to have a Chevy rep on here

Actually, the more I think about it the more I realize it would be well worth the $200. I'll probably save up and get it before our next project, but it's still less than the cost of most repairs/maintenance. My husband and I have already saved almost $1000 in labor costs (and parts mark-up) by doing our own valve cover gasket, spark plugs and wires, serpentine belt, timing belt and water pump. Of course, there are many things we would never attempt on our own (yet!), but a 2-volume factory service manual would be a wealth of information!

--Val

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Thanks again, Vanessa. It's nice to have a Chevy rep on here

Actually, the more I think about it the more I realize it would be well worth the $200. I'll probably save up and get it before our next project, but it's still less than the cost of most repairs/maintenance. My husband and I have already saved almost $1000 in labor costs (and parts mark-up) by doing our own valve cover gasket, spark plugs and wires, serpentine belt, timing belt and water pump. Of course, there are many things we would never attempt on our own (yet!), but a 2-volume factory service manual would be a wealth of information!

--Val

Great, just post and let us know how everything goes. Thank you for being Chevy Customer!

Vanessa
      GM Customer Service
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      There is a rule of the Internet, it's out there somewhere for free, you just have to know what to search for

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Captain Manic View Post
      Being that I have the GM manual on hand, I am willing to share information with other members of the forum. It may take me a few days to get back to you on something since I don't have a home computer, but if you need something I can help with, then fire away!
      I have a 2006 Aveo LS hatchback. My fuel door closer latch (plastic piece of crap) sheared off the plastic piece that held the door closed. I bought replacement part from dealership but refused to pay $91 for them to switch this plastic piece on the cable. Could you please send me a copy of the manual so I can figure out how to remove the original piece? Once I can take it off I should be able to put the new piece on. Thank you.

Thanks
      If your familiar with torrents I used this one, but just give it a scan with your anti virus before opening the downloaded file just to be safe.Chevrolet Aveo Service Manual 04-06 07-10 (download torrent) - TPB

Thanks
      Not familiar with torrents. I tried, original site had issues, went to cached page from yesterday. Tried to download the torrent but I have a mac powerbook and am unable to open exe files. Do you have a link to a pdf?
      Can you check the service manuals on DOWNLOAD: Chevrolet Aveo 2002-2006 Chevy Service Repair Manual and let me know which one would be better to purchase if I can't download something for free? Thank you.

Thanks
      I'm off work at 6:30, it's 5:00 now, when I'm done supper ill search for it on my pc, and and upload it to 4shared or something. Similar

Thanks
      Thank you.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast