•  
    Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Aveo Factory Service Manual

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Any chance of getting hold of a copy of the Aveo manual, the owners guide mentions a timing belt change at 30,000 miles intervals but there appears to be a timing chain on my engine and I would really like to find out.
      Thanks in advance

Thanks
      That's a hell of a lot of money to pay for the manual...I got the 2006 manual a year and a half or so back, and with shipping it was about !53 dollars then. For some of what I've needed to do, I've found the GM manual a surprisingly poor source of information. I assume that's because it's written for a GM trained technician and not just your average Joe. Also, there is a lot of material in the volumes that simply does not pertain to North American models because it was written for worldwide use.

Despite the fact that I have the manual, I wish that Haynes would get around to printing one, it would be a lot more user friendly.

Thanks
      Is there any information in your manual which shows how to take off the plastic lock a-fuel filler piece that keeps the fuel door closed? Located at the end of the fuel door release cable. I bought the replacement piece from Chevrolet dealership but they wanted $91 more to install. Just afraid to try to take off lock a-fuel filler without some sort of information. Thanks in advance for trying.

Thanks
      So does anyone have the 2005 Aveo service manual? My car's at the shop due to a broken idler pulley, no compression, and most likely bent valves. Got a quote of approx $2000 to fix it.

Thanks
      could use a 2005 shop service manual to.

Thanks
      where can i find the service manual for aveo 1.3 TD?

Thanks
      is ther anyway i can get copy? i am trying to keep my 05 aveo running but have service light and need to smog.
      if i can get copy of manual would sure help.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks
      Hi Aveo owners,

If you go and sign up for My.Chevrolet.com and register your vehicle you will have access to a PDF of the manual. You will also get the latest communications about your Aveo—recalls, offers, maintenance reminders and more emailed to you. I hope that helps. The best part is that it's a free service for our Chevrolet owners.

My.Chevrolet.com

Jackie
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Chevy Customer Svc View Post
      Hi Aveo owners,

If you go and sign up for My.Chevrolet.com and register your vehicle you will have access to a PDF of the manual. You will also get the latest communications about your Aveo—recalls, offers, maintenance reminders and more emailed to you. I hope that helps. The best part is that it's a free service for our Chevrolet owners.

My.Chevrolet.com

Jackie
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      uh Jackie, that is for the Owner's Manual; the Manual WE seek is the Same one that is used by the Technicians at GM Dealerships across the Nation, because unfortunately, a LOT of the Aveos here on this Forum are Out of Warranty, or if they are under Warranty, the Warranty doesn't cover the part that is broken as what it is in my case. (which if you have an Electrical Problem after the 3/36 warranty expires; you are Pretty much at the Mercy of the Dealership and the Exorbant prices they wish to charge.) to fix whatever is wrong with my Aveo; it will likely cost me $300-500 Dollars at my Dealership because of the Price of Diagnosis (my Dealership charges $88 JUST FOR THEM TO HOOK IT UP TO THEIR TECH 2 AND LOOK AT IT!), the Insane Prices of the Parts ($250 FOR AN OXYGEN SENSOR), and whatever Snake Oil Procedure that they "Think" my Aveo "Needs" so they can drive up the Cost of Labor.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      90% of what we need is covered by Chiltons. Sign up for a free account on Autozone.com , add your car, and go to repair guides. Its pretty much the whole Chiltons for free. If you want better access, ask your local library if they subscribe to chiltonlibrary.com . Assuming they do you should be able to access it from home, and its a lot better interface than the autozone guides. If you really need the factory service manual, this guy CHEVROLET AVEO 2002-2006 Factory Service Repair Manual - Download M... sells a pdf set for $11 . Most of it looks ok, though I found an incorrect torque value.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast