•  
    Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Aveo5 LS 1.6L dying going down the highway

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      well its a throttle body but same thing you would want to see how clean it is(inside),it gets coated with carbon and oil,(looks dirty)can be cleaned with carb/throttle body cleaner that is safe for sensors and cat converters,or use fuel system dleanr on rag and clean youtube has some videos of people doing this.just dont listen to the bumb@ss that says to use brake cleaner,cause its not friendly with sensors.or you could try using seafoam(again vids on youtube)but if this was your problem usually this causes lack of power and rough idle,but you havnt mentioned these things before .

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      charlieb,...........no, the Aveo idles smooth as a kitten in the garage, stop lights, parking lots. It just dies when going down the highway. I am about ready to trade it in just to keep mama happy and off of my back.................lol. But on the other hand, I do enjoy a challenge

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      yeah you intermitten prob does suck not knowing when its gonna strand you.you definately gotta let us know when you figure it out.my motorcycle use to do it and it turned out to be a crimped/short in the kill switch only happened a couple of times but left my bike in a parking lot for 2 days till i could retrieve it.not that it helps you,good luck

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Yeah, if it was me driving it all the time I wouldn't care, but my wife is a traveling nurse and in the midwest winter I don't want her to get stranded

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Well, the GM called me back from Detroit and they said after they talked to my local dealership, I have to leave it with them until it dies. That could be that day, a week, a month, etc. GM or the dealership will not give my wife a FREE LOANER for the time they need it to find the problem. Any suggestions, guys??? Why doesn't the computer store the information? This is unbelievable. What about if I was to by a code reader and run the car and when it dies read the code. I know I asked this before but I am a desperate man here..........lol

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      There are some things,and condition that the computer does not control, so they do not get stored. the computer only records "interpreted" misfires, and faulty sensor signals. Nothing else.

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      Haggle with the dealership till they give you a loaner? They need to understand that the car is your wife's livelihood, and she is unable to continue working without it. Sometimes sheer stubborn behavior yields results. It's a thought. As for your problem, I wish I had a clue. If you could actively monitor your fuel pressure with a log, that would help eliminate that. But that's money in and off itself for something so specific, if it even exists.

oh and 60,000 miles it's time to check your timing belt.
      http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      daug1502, Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, I am going to Haggle all right. I told GM yesterday that I was going to park it in my yard and have a banner made up that says (GM DOES NOT SUPPORT THEIR CUSTOMERS") I reallyyyyyyyyyyyy appreciate you guys that try so hard to figure out my issue. I will keep you all updated as it comes. THANKS AGAIN.......

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      tell them your wife will drive it and they need to have a paid tow on stand buy to pick her up, next it it breaks down, she will immediately call the dealer for a tow truck and a mechanic to come get it and deliver her the rental.

the rental cover is described in the contract. I would also look up loss of use in you insurance, or if you have aaa.

they might compensate you for the rental.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      petrified.rabbit, I did check with my insurance man and he said my policy only covers in case of an accident.Called the service manager lady at my local dealership yesterday and low and behold....................NO RETURN PHONE CALL from her. She probably doesn't want to talk to me after GM talked to her about my problem.........hahahaha.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast