•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What psi should stock 15" rims be

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: What psi should stock 15" rims be

do what it says in you manual or on the side of the tire. they put those numbers there for a reason.

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      do what it says in you manual or on the side of the tire. they put those numbers there for a reason.
      But then people couldn't pretend to be NASCAR crew chiefs and adjust tire pressures because they think it actually does something significant. With my 17's on, you can't tell the difference between 25 PSI and 40 PSI, the sidewall just doesn't flex.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

mikedudley17 wrote:

The number on my door is saying 30 psi for 14 inch tires not my new 15 inch rims

The manual does not say what tire pressure to use it says to refer to your door.

so im going to run 34 psi on the front and 33 psi on the back as my 14 inch tires did wear really quick on the front when i left it at 30 psi

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 07_aveo
      Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      But then people couldn't pretend to be NASCAR crew chiefs and adjust tire pressures because they think it actually does something significant. With my 17's on, you can't tell the difference between 25 PSI and 40 PSI, the sidewall just doesn't flex.
      It does make a difference, why do you think so many people mess with tire pressures? You are comparing a tire on a 17" wheel which has MUCH less sidewall than a tire on a 15" wheel. And if you can't tell the difference between 25psi and 40psi, you are just not at all in tune with your car. That is a very noticeable difference... Or try this, put all your tires at 40 except for one of the back ones. Now take some fast hard turns in a safe place, you will spin out when the low tire is on the outside edge of the turn. For example, back right is low, you will spin making left turns.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

^^^ all that, plus if you are 5lbs below what is recommended on the door, you will also see a big drop in fuel economy..

Thanks

Lets put this into perspective for a second: its an aveo, unless it is highly tuned and u plan on track days with ur tires which would then require adjusting the day of, putting the tire pressure at the reccomended pressure on the side of the tire will not make much difference for DD. I assume that is what the OP will be doing is DD so in this case, please follow your tires directions and everybody stop making this so complex.
      Quote Originally Posted by gsills
      Question for someone

I changed my wheels to stock 15 " rims tire size 185/55/r15

what PSI should they be at ? 30 ? 31? 35?

Thanks
      Simple question, simple answer.

PS: Look at the side of the tire for your answer. This is what I said in the first place.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

just like all the race cars, and an aveo, the tires are the only thing that touch the ground. therefore even though it is just an aveo, tires make a lot of difference in handling, fuel economy and performance. don't believe it if you dont want to. but if you have doubts and want to see real world do the one "flat" tire thing a few posts back..

also, put your tires at the recommended (i think its like 32 or 34, forget) and drive around for a tank and record the mileage, and difference in tread wear. then repeat with the pressure at 40, (this will give better fuel economy, but tread wear in the middle of the tire which may not be noticeable in one tank of gas. Then repeat again at 25 lbs, and you will not only notice a drop in fuel economy, but also lack of control, performance, and the tires will wear on both outside edges.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      just like all the race cars, and an aveo, the tires are the only thing that touch the ground. therefore even though it is just an aveo, tires make a lot of difference in handling, fuel economy and performance. don't believe it if you dont want to. but if you have doubts and want to see real world do the one "flat" tire thing a few posts back..

also, put your tires at the recommended (i think its like 32 or 34, forget) and drive around for a tank and record the mileage, and difference in tread wear. then repeat with the pressure at 40, (this will give better fuel economy, but tread wear in the middle of the tire which may not be noticeable in one tank of gas. Then repeat again at 25 lbs, and you will not only notice a drop in fuel economy, but also lack of control, performance, and the tires will wear on both outside edges.
      Truth, but whatever is reccomended on the side of the tire should be sufficient enough for DD and is what is best as prescribed by the manufacturer of the tire as for like you said, tread wear.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

i dont see suggested pressure on the side wall just max pressure

o well

Thanks

then put it at that or a couple of pounds under.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast