•  
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Subachad Tunnel Brace

Quote Originally Posted by subachad
      Standard metal conduit.

When you undo the bolts just try not to move the car otherwise you will have a harder time getting the control arm bolts back in.

OK people, I bought some materials so I can make a few of these tonight.

Final price shipped to the main 48 states is

Tunnel brace - $60
      Front control arm brace - $30

Remember these prices are shipped to your door. If you are interested send a paypal to me at subachad@(do not spam please)hotmail dot com.
      Hey there,
      Would you ship to Winnipeg Manitoba Canada? What would the cost be?
      This looks like it will sure help the car.
      Thanks

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      yeah I can ship to Canada, throw in another $5 and I'll make sure to mark it as a gift. Hopefully it won't get held up in customs.

Thanks
      For AutoXing, I would STRONGLY recommend the front lower control arm brace. You will be able to take the same turns faster. I had a freeway onramp test which I would lose traction at 40mph and had to lift to avoid going off the road. With the brace, I could take it at 50. I could probably do 55 but ran out of balls.

Here are some similar braces for the new Prius.

http://newtoyotaparts.com/model/struct. ... 3&cat_id=7

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      better late then never i say...here are pictures, i completely forgot that i had taken these a long time ago and had them stored on my cardomain

i believe the motor and trans can be lifted a tad, you could get the bolt out

Thanks
      You could jack it from the oil pan without removing the motor mounts and it will go up high enough to clear that bolt no prob.

After more review, I don't think many people would notice much difference with the tunnel brace.

Anyone will notice a difference with the front lower control arm brace. I have one made up ready to go, or if you are handy, it's pretty simple to duplicate.

Chad

Quote Originally Posted by subachad
      After more review, I don't think many people would notice much difference with the tunnel brace.
      did you?

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      i assume he meant that it can be noticed if you take the aveo to the track or autocross, but daily drivers won't put the car thru hard condition where the bracing would be noticed

Thanks
      It's more composed over rough roads or not so smooth freeways. Pulling into my sloped driveway the car doesn't creak as much.

I want to make a stronger front tunnel brace and connect some points just behind the wheels to see what that does to chassis rigidity.

In other words, yes it's better but the chassis is still really soft. I'm looking for a change that will be more significant. Perhaps bracing around suspension pickup joints such as the fender brace or just behind the wheels as mentioned.

The front lower control arm brace is awsome. I HIGHLY recommend that.

Hard driving, I don't seem to notice any difference with the tunnel brace. I'll update that comment after running some canyons when I go to LA next month.

You're right, the front lower control arm is great... I haven't put on the front tower strut yet, and wondering if it'll make a lot of difference in addition to the lower control arm.

I'm also looking for more bracing stuff at the mid-ship or rear of the car to reduce understeer...

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: Subachad Tunnel Brace

Yea thats what im looking at too mid to rear bracing as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast