•  
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Subachad Tunnel Brace

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      two more question....for the front brace did you use the same bolts to attach it back to the underside? and if i undo those bolts on the arms...what happens? it doesnt fall out or anything...dont need my dad coming home to a wrecked car

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Standard metal conduit.

When you undo the bolts just try not to move the car otherwise you will have a harder time getting the control arm bolts back in.

OK people, I bought some materials so I can make a few of these tonight.

Final price shipped to the main 48 states is

Tunnel brace - $60
      Front control arm brace - $30

Remember these prices are shipped to your door. If you are interested send a paypal to me at subachad@(do not spam please)hotmail dot com.

Thanks
      thanks subachad, just got back from lowes..it was the emt conduit and it comes in 5' and 10' but the 5' is like $4.50 and the 10' is $6...well i went with the 10ft and just to let people know that doesnt fit inside the aveo lol but good thing i brought a hacksaw and just sawed it in the parking lot hopefully i can build it by this weekend...pretty cheap mod if you ask me and the conduit seems pretty strong

Thanks
      everytime I getting back in the mood to modify my aveo, something always comes up that makes it impossible (usually its a lack of intelligence of who ever designed this car)...so i was siked today to start build my tie bars and i got one side of the front one all drilled and ready and i go to move to the other side....and of course there isnt even enough room to get the bolt out because the auto transmission is too close....so wtf, i have to move trans and engine to get those bolts out? I mean i would have to do that if the arm bent or something which would be a total bitch...so thank you to jackass who didnt think about how much space was needed....but its still a good mod for you manuals out there

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Thanks for the heads-up about the auto trans problem. Was just about to order some of that stuff from subachad. I swear they build some of this stuff specifically so you can't mod it.

Thanks
      yea you can still do the tunnel brace and the other arm brace (which is what i will probably do now) but the very front brace wont work on autos

Thanks
      The tunnel brace might not work with aftermarket exhausts as it will ship. If that's the case you will need washers and some longer bolts for added clearance.

Can you take a picture of the bolt coming out and hitting the AT? I'm wondering if you could lift the engine a little bit with a jack and then remove the bolt. It will go up a couple inches without removing the motor mounts.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by subachad
      The tunnel brace might not work with aftermarket exhausts as it will ship. If that's the case you will need washers and some longer bolts for added clearance.

Can you take a picture of the bolt coming out and hitting the AT? I'm wondering if you could lift the engine a little bit with a jack and then remove the bolt. It will go up a couple inches without removing the motor mounts.
      hmm really that might work...ill get you a picture

i'll take both! so $80.00 bucks for both shipped?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewsvt03
      i'll take both! so $80.00 bucks for both shipped?
      Sure, no prob. Sounds like a good combo pack. I'll price it as such on my site as well once I get a product page up.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast